What's new

Kindness

Fellow B&Ber’s,

Recent events have reminded me what a generous and courteous bunch we have here. Though only having been a member for 10-months, so many of you have reached out in threads, or with PM’s, to assist me in my DE shaving journey, I’m humbled. I’ve met some wonderful people and made some fantastic friends. Too many to mention individually.

But recently a fellow here from Germany PIF’d me an R41 (with a spare R89 baseplate), some TABAC soap and a bunch of PolSilver blades (which I’ve had difficulty sourcing at reasonable prices).

So I thought I’d take a moment to thank Y’all for your kindness. And particularly to @JAHE who so graciously sent me the R41 and kit. (I think he paid particular attention to a photo I sent and noticed my Muhle Badger brush lacked a Muhle companion razor! 😁) BTW, he’s also my primary enabler. 😂

B118404C-3EC8-4E49-AC5A-9E5F3B44DC2E.jpeg

So to everyone here, “Thank You for your kindness!” In a world that’s often fraught with conflict, and with social media outlets becoming so divisive, I’m honored to belong to a group so full of thoughtful and caring folks.

Best Wishes and Great Shaves, Y’all!

Thank you,

Curly Out

Well said.

This is a very refreshing site indeed.

Shoutout also to the moderators that keep the sanity of the conversations and the rules put in place. Keeping a little dicipline on the things we discuss and how is done goes a long way, specially having a lot of highly opinionated people from going deranged (I know I’ve had to think twice sometimes about what I am about to say instead of just spiting out something idiotic like some other social media sites encourage) so thank you all who work hard to keep this site amazing!

With your permission my Brother, I hope to use our dear mutual friend G-1 in an upcoming shave.

G-1, with a few other treasured possessions, I have so far not used here on the forum.

Thanks, and with deepest regards and affection.

Si
By all means, my Brother! Sharing experience and information, as well as the generosity of so many here offering PIF’s, is the very reason I started this thread. Let’s see some pictures of our old friend G-1 and friends!

Best Wishes to You!

Curly

This really is a special place. It is incredibly rare to find so many helpful supportive people in one place. Not just with razors, but further down the forum list in other areas as well (Brown Leaf, I'm looking at you). And not just the internet, but anywhere in life.

Absolutely a terrific bunch of folks here! Not only shaving, but with the craziness of life, and to call out kindness every day.

I am humbled to be part of this group.

Fellow B&Ber’s,

Recent events have reminded me what a generous and courteous bunch we have here. Though only having been a member for 10-months, so many of you have reached out in threads, or with PM’s, to assist me in my DE shaving journey, I’m humbled. I’ve met some wonderful people and made some fantastic friends. Too many to mention individually.

But recently a fellow here from Germany PIF’d me an R41 (with a spare R89 baseplate), some TABAC soap and a bunch of PolSilver blades (which I’ve had difficulty sourcing at reasonable prices).

So I thought I’d take a moment to thank Y’all for your kindness. And particularly to @JAHE who so graciously sent me the R41 and kit. (I think he paid particular attention to a photo I sent and noticed my Muhle Badger brush lacked a Muhle companion razor! 😁) BTW, he’s also my primary enabler. 😂

View attachment 1554766
So to everyone here, “Thank You for your kindness!” In a world that’s often fraught with conflict, and with social media outlets becoming so divisive, I’m honored to belong to a group so full of thoughtful and caring folks.

Best Wishes and Great Shaves, Y’all!

Thank you,

Curly Out
Curly, Good things happen to good people. You yourself falls into the generous and couteous category.

“When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but another PIF has just arrived here!”

I’ve again been surprised by the kind and thoughtful nature of our membership. @JAHE from across the pond provided yet another exceptional PIF to compliment his Muhle 41 razor! In the package were a tub of Stirling Sandalwood Soap, two additional soap samples, an Omega Boar brush matching my ivory-themed brush collection, and several tucks of blades I have never tried, including Bolzano Superinox, Gillette Perma-Sharp, and Gillette 7-o’clock. Fellow B&Ber’s, I’m again humbled by the generosity so freely espoused here.

@JAHE: Here’s a fellow who turned down the winning PIF prize of a brand new Rex Ambassador for the “Make My Shave post” earlier this year. (In all fairness, I was extraordinarily unhappy with the performance of the razor and he was the only competitor. 😂) Then he PIF’d me blades and coached me into giving it another try. I still have the razor. Only now, I enjoy using it.

Wasn’t certain where to post this other than here, but I wanted to take the time to thank him publicly for the unbelievable shave I achieved tonight due to his courtesy. Muhle 41 loaded with a Perma-Sharp, Stirling Soap applied with the Omega Boar Brush. And here’s the bonifides:
32CAA06E-9039-43AE-9A70-982D7389AE22.jpeg

Two passes with a bit of cleanup under my chin. No runs, No weepers, No errors! And slicker than a greased pig (as my kinfolks say).

Thank you again @JAHE, and all here at B&B for representing the best of Internet social interaction. And my sincere thanks also to “The Moderators” whom I so ignorantly overlooked during my original post!

Happy Holidays All!

Curly Out

Top Bottom