What's new

Kindness

In the last three years I've been part of this extraordinary community with awesome members from all over the world I have experienced an unbelievable generosity... Curly's name immedialety comes to mind.
When I replied, back in the days, to Curly's request for advice on his shaving gear I wasn’t aware he really was intending to part with his Rex. I just was trying to be of help that day... so, no way I could have accepted his offer to send me the Rex under such circumstanes...

Being the generous man Curly undisputedly is he instead pifed me a hard to come by (on my side of the pond) brush and two vintage razors in the meantime... a third precious is still to be unveiled 😉 (It'll still take some time until I stop shaking my head in disbelief, I can tell you.)

When we first met we were plain strangers. We then started an ongoing correspondence behind the scenes. It all started with the Rex Pif. We have glanced into each others life in the meantime. Way beyond shaving topics. We're on Page 12 😉... and we're not done.

Given the fact we live on different continents the odds are likely against us that we will finally share a bottle of wine in real life. But with this caveat given, still I'm happy to express we have become friends. And that's what counts (even more so than my modest PIF which was intended to make for a smile...)
Thank you for a being a friend! @Curly Straight

Happy New Year, y'all!

As stated above there was one more item generously PIFed by @Curly Straight to be unveiled.

Today's the day..

Let's rewind a couple of weeks first, when a second parcel arrived...

I was speechless. Absolutely speechless when I opened Curly's package. It came with the accompanying words that the content of the parcel was a gift to mark my birthday. Really, it was just a small gift, he told me.

Of course, it wasn't.

It took me a minute or even two close my mouth again, when I unwrapped this precious. Even until today I shake my head with an incredulous smile on my face.

I have seen wonderful gestures of generosity in this forum over the years, among friends as well as between strangers, even I myself have been the recipient of generous surprises. To a modest extent, I too have already sent out surprises, with great pleasure. On the part of the recipient as well as the giver...

But this so called "small gift" left me completely speechless. It tops everything that I've seen... I'm deeply honoured to receive this gift.

This gift is so valuable that already doubts were getting ready whether I could keep this gift at all. But then, I know Curly. And I know therefore that it is nothing but his wish that I should keep this gift on order to have utmost joy with this razor. And that is exactly what will happen. No doubts.

This little gift (read: incredibly generous, amazing gift) will provide nothing but joy.

Needless to say, this razor is incredibly rare and nothing short of expensive on my side of the pond - it is not easily affordable even for someone who is basically willing to shell out some money for shaving paraphernalia...

To give Curly's gesture a special spot, I decided to reserve the first shave of 2023 for this wonderful razor. My birthday took place a copule of days ago, thus it felt ever so right to wait until January, 1st.

Today is the day. I couldn't imagine a better start into the new year. In honour of Curly I´ll shave with this gem of a razor for the whole week to learn the razor's personality better.

There is one point I'd like to emphasize. What I received with this gift is more than just an high valued gift - it's something that money can't buy. It is a gesture of friendship. And for that (sending the razor and offering his friendship to me), I can only humbly say "thank you".

And that is why I say just that now:
"Vielen lieben Dank!"

PS: you'll have to see a photo, I guess, to understand why I was totally floored and why I'm still overwelmed:

20230101_120814-01.jpeg

I assume you'll understand.
I'm off to the den now... 🤩

Last edited:
I am supercalifragilisticexpialidocious for the both of you, @JAHE and @Curly Straight! I have received a number of items that rocked my world and silenced me more than once.

it's something that money can't buy. It is a gesture of friendship.

I find it one of the wonders of this forum that friendships are forged and formed across many miles to share the joys of a common hobby.

And it is this PIF thing that makes B&B stand out from just a forum. And I have Curly to thank for making me understand the underlying spirit of PIF and he has really opened me up to literally pay it forward.

I wish you amazing shaves Guido!

Cheers,

Guido

I am supercalifragilisticexpialidocious for the both of you, @JAHE and @Curly Straight! I have received a number of items that rocked my world and silenced me more than once.

I find it one of the wonders of this forum that friendships are forged and formed across many miles to share the joys of a common hobby.

And it is this PIF thing that makes B&B stand out from just a forum. And I have Curly to thank for making me understand the underlying spirit of PIF and he has really opened me up to literally pay it forward.

I wish you amazing shaves Guido!

Cheers,

Guido
Thanks, Guido!
You are totally right, B&B is a special place with even more special people! 🤩
Cheers!
Guido

Top Bottom