What's new

Kimchi pancake

I sometimes buy kimchi pancakes from the deli in the Korean market and snack on them while driving home. Inexpensive and delicious. I decided to research how to make them and was pleasantly surprised that it looked easy. I made one last night and the wife loved it. I’ll be making this a lot from now on.

https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchijeon

Korean pancakes in general are just enjoyable. I didn't care for Korean food at first, thinking it was too reliant on chiles and garlic, but I appreciate it a great deal now.

Yes, when I first tried Korean food I was not a fan. I revisited the cuisine years later and it started to grow on me. A friend later took me out for hot pots one cold winter day and I fell in love. My wife was not a fan until I took her to try hot pots and now she is a convert. We always have a big container of kimchi on hand.

I made another pancake last night. My wife put guacamole on hers. It was actually a great combination.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm a big fan of Korean cuisine. I've eaten kimchi "pancakes" (and other savory "pancakes," including an excellent seafood one) in restaurants, and I'll have to give it a try at home. First, though, I really ought to put together another batch of kimchi!

I have never tried any of Maangchi's recipes, but I love watching her YouTube videos. She's always so friendly and open. Her food looks amazing, as well, and she knows all about cuisine. Even if you don't cook, it's fun to peruse her videos. Check them out!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I wish that I could get the wife interested in stuff like this. Unfortunately she has developed Sjogren's syndrome, which greatly affects saliva production. She can't even do jalapenos much any more (being Mex-Am, that's a big deal).

If she is sensitive to the chili in kimchi you can rinse it off. I was talking to a Korean mom at my kids school when I discovered kimchi fried rice. She said she would rinse off the kimchi so it was much less spicy or her kids wouldn’t eat it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
did a kimchi pancake egg foo young fusion
came out quite tasty

I've chopped up some kimchi and thrown it in with some scrambled eggs at the last minute. Wonderful. I never went so far as a foo yung treatment, though. That has to be amazing.

Top Bottom