What's new

Kidney stone.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
In ER. I have a 3mm stone stuck in the upper third of my right ureter. At present my pain is pretty well managed by Toradol. I'm shocked. Back in the day it was the old "kidney stone cocktail" of Toradol and dilaudid.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
My last one was 9-10mm. They had to go get that one.

None of them are fun though. Yes, the toreador and dilaudid make them MUCH more tolerable LOL.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I haven't had stones for a few years now (knock on wood). I'm not sure if my weekly pot of Quebra Pedra Phyllantus-Niruri is helping or not, but I ain't stopping using it at this point! BTW, yes, I had to look up that name on the package; we simply call it "stick tea" LOL. The last one I passed was the size of my pinkie nail. :18:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Ugh! Here's hoping it passes quickly.

Yeah, you don't see Dilaudid/hydropmorphone prescribed as automatically as you used to. That's part of cutting back on overall use of opioids.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Been there, done that! Not a treat. Hopefully it goes quickly. Hang in there, buddy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Count me in , maybe the worst pain in my life...by luck mine passed on it's own...I'm taking potassium citrate and trying hard to drink 80-100 oz of water per day, although I'm supposed to drink 120 oz per day...Winter time it's tough to drink that much water....Good luck to you !

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Ah, the old "mine is bigger than yours" thing.

Not at all. When the Dr. told me that it was between 9 and 10mm, I imagined a 9mm slug and thought, 'that ain't gonna go through there'! They went in and busted it up. Left a stint in. I was on a plane to China 40 hrs later. Not a comfortable trip. Removing the stint was even less comfortable.

I have passed a few naturally. No fun.

FarmerTan

Thanks for thinking of me, Gents. Didn't have an infection, so they sent me home around 3am. It was stuck about a third of the way through my left ureter, and I'm proud to say that the War Department slept through my girlish moaning as it passed into my bladder as I laid there praying for it to pass for about 20 minutes.

I've had larger ones that have been surgically removed, and that's no fun and can be rather complicated as I'm on Coumadin.

In my line of work I've been blessed to be with women when they have delivered babies. I sure am glad I was born a boy, lol.

Any hoo, I was already scheduled to see my urologist this week, as I had some lovely coffee colored urine about 10 days ago, and my PCP wanted me to have what I believed to be an unnecessary cystoscopy. Maybe I dodged that bullet. I have always hated having someone shove a telescope up my privy member to have a look around. I'd almost rather have a needle in my eye.

FarmerTan

Count me in , maybe the worst pain in my life...by luck mine passed on it's own...I'm taking potassium citrate and trying hard to drink 80-100 oz of water per day, although I'm supposed to drink 120 oz per day...Winter time it's tough to drink that much water....Good luck to you !
Thanks. I'll have to look into potassium citrate.

Kidney stones make you wish someone would sneak up behind you and shoot you in the head, lol.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Try my stick tea treatment thingie. Believe it or not, I pick mine up at the local Portuguese store.

Thanks for thinking of me, Gents. Didn't have an infection, so they sent me home around 3am. It was stuck about a third of the way through my left ureter, and I'm proud to say that the War Department slept through my girlish moaning as it passed into my bladder as I laid there praying for it to pass for about 20 minutes.

I've had larger ones that have been surgically removed, and that's no fun and can be rather complicated as I'm on Coumadin.

In my line of work I've been blessed to be with women when they have delivered babies. I sure am glad I was born a boy, lol.

Any hoo, I was already scheduled to see my urologist this week, as I had some lovely coffee colored urine about 10 days ago, and my PCP wanted me to have what I believed to be an unnecessary cystoscopy. Maybe I dodged that bullet. I have always hated having someone shove a telescope up my privy member to have a look around. I'd almost rather have a needle in my eye.

That whole giving birth thing? O-M-G!

That 3 mm feels like a 10-12 inch medieval mace passing through. Been there, felt that one a few times. I had a nurse tell me that pain was as close to child birth a man will ever get. And according to her, “d$&@ near exactly the same.”

@H4nk I was told they are s level of hydration and a result of the stuff we drink like coffee and sodas. Around here, or n the late spring humidity levels drop to the single digits and the doc said they see an uptick in the number of stones because, instead of drinking lots of water people drink more of other things.

Top Bottom