What's new

Kicking tires on fountains, found this.

I haven't order it , just thought it was over the top and recognized the name
Screenshot_20200915-195805.png
, I'm looking at a lamy 2000. Any reason not to get one from Amazon?

Lamy 2000's are really good. I've been using mine as my daily driver for a couple months now and I can't say enough good about it. I was gone for work for about a week and it started right up after sitting on my desk that long. The flow is perfect. Never too wet or dry. It's probably my favorite and I have a couple other very nice pens too. I don't think you can go wrong. I'd prefer to buy it from someone like Goulet just because their customer service is so good. Disclaimer: not affiliated with them. Just a happy customer.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Looks similar to the Dragon Pen that Goulet sells. I think I would prefer ordering from them just for the extra QC. As for the pen itself, well let’s call it an acquired taste. To me it looks really heavy and not particularly pleasant to hold. But it does have a lot of pizazz!

I subscribed to Goulets emails, their price is about 40 bucks higher but lately Amazon had pissed me off on screwed up deliveries.They also have treated a couple small great companies very poorly that I know of. Thanks for the feedback.

I ordered my Lamy 2000 from Amazon and I got a bad nib unfortunately. I ended up just sending it in to a nib meister and got a custom grind on it. I would suggest buying from a reputable dealer that would take care of you if you have issues

I have a Jinhao similar to this, and realized that I already had a photo of it on my Flickr page (the top one). I used it before in, if I recall correctly, another forum to illustrate a discussion about pen weights. I prefer fairly light pens.

That dragon pen was, I believe, about $13 shipped from an eBay seller. As far as the nib quality goes, it writes amazingly well, and I like that the cap screws on in both the posted and capped positions. It doesn't have a pocket clip, but the raised relief decoration will keep it from rolling off a desk.

Unfortunately, with that relief work and the excessive weight, it's not comfortable to hold for long writing sessions, so it sits in a pen case as a curiosity. I'm much more likely to use the Pilot that you see at right angles to it on the left. But the copper dragon is in such hilariously bad taste that I like having it around.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I ordered my Lamy 2000 from Amazon and I got a bad nib unfortunately. I ended up just sending it in to a nib meister and got a custom grind on it. I would suggest buying from a reputable dealer that would take care of you if you have issues

I thought Amazon was good about taking care of such things ... ??

That dragon pen was, I believe, about $13 shipped from an eBay seller. As far as the nib quality goes, it writes amazingly well ...

The problem with the cheap pens is it's hit-and-miss with quality issues. You can luck out and get a great nib, or get a bad one ... and for a $13 pen nobody is going out of his way to give you good customer service after the sale.

Glad to see you got a good one!

I thought Amazon was good about taking care of such things ... ??
Usually yes but since I didn't want to do the whole back and forth with Amazon for the price I got it for I figured might as well get a custom grind on it. It's one of my favorite pens that I own. I would say if the deal on Amazon is a really big savings there is nothing wrong with giving it a shot

Well I haven't ordered the Lamy yet, ordered a Moon man c1 and m2 , with nibs from bobby on etsy. As well as a 51a jinhao. Thinking carbon black for practice ink. Any ideas. ?

Top Bottom