What's new

Keychain Tools?

I've seen sheaths made of surgical tubing, but they look cheesy. Maybe I'll look into 3D printing one.
Is Kydex still a thing? I picture a sleeve that is attached to the fob like a mini knife sheath.
Example from eBay
69FB795F-4B37-4063-AEDA-C9059A1155B2.jpeg

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I've never seen or heard of it being used outside of the holster/sheath arena. My horizons are narrow I guess.

I just close the "claw" on the P-38 (or P-51) and slip a small Ranger band over it. A wide rubber band would work if just attached to your keys, but it might drag other items out of your pocket.

I have to find a solution to this. Be back later...

Solved: 1/2" diameter tubing (from an exercise band, air hose, medical tubing, etc.) cut to 7/8" long. Slip it over the closed "claw" and forget about it.
A few 'pocket tests' went just fine. Then I swung mine around in the air just to play, and the tube didn't budge.

Also, a safety pin slid through the hinge will keep it shut. And you gain a safety pin to EDC. Thanks SERE school!

Last edited:
Good on yall who can keep up with any of this crap

I used to love Keychain accessories, namely small knives, multitools, flashlights, drivers, you know the deal

After years of frustration and probably thousands of dollars lost in buying, losing and replacing these things, I've decided I'm barely even competent enough to keep just keys on a keychain

Good on yall who can keep up with any of this crap

I used to love Keychain accessories, namely small knives, multitools, flashlights, drivers, you know the deal

After years of frustration and probably thousands of dollars lost in buying, losing and replacing these things, I've decided I'm barely even competent enough to keep just keys on a keychain
Just attach your keys to this baby and you will always know where they are ;)
C927ED07-66CC-4064-9064-F78388241652.jpeg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just bought the A.G. Russell Thumbnail and outdoor edge but I’m with you @OldSchoolYoungin i recognize that I’m not macho enough 😂for all these keychain tools. I really have no use for them but that doesn’t stop me from getting some. At least I try to keep it to affordable ones. I have leather man and Swiss Army knives in the cars and flashlights but I never use them to the point where on the odd chance I need it I don’t even remember I’ve got it.

Top Bottom