What's new

Key Rings?

I keep my car keys on a regular key ring. I don't drive very much though, I take the train to work. For my house keys, I use a key ring that I got as a gift when I graduated from high school. I'm not sure what you call the style, but it looked like this, except it had a circle with my name on it instead of the heart:

proxy.php

I don't think mine is from Tiffany, but it looks just like this.

I use a small metal bottle opener with my firm's logo emblazoned on the top as a key chain... it has only 3 keys - none of which are for a car. I have a bus pass and Executive Platinum status on American Airlines for transportation :biggrin:

To keep my keys from bulking up my pockets I put my keys in my man bag (aka murse or satchel), along with my wallet, glasses, business cards, a knife, flashlight, a pen, and a few other things. Mine is the satchel from saddleback leather, which comes with an attached leather strip with a keyring built in, which I find to be a very nice feature because it makes finding your keys in the satchel easy when it's filled up with stuff.

The man bag is very liberating as long as you're comfortable with it. There are a lot of masculine looking man bags; you can check other threads for them. Being 6 foot 4 and living in Gotham, I don't find too many people who make jokes about my man purse, but I wouldn't care much if they did. Your experiences may vary.

Another plain old key ring here. The only "ornamentation" on my ring is my hand cuff key and well, that's just another key.

Minimalist sminimalist:wink: I carry a mini-mag solitaire and a Leatherman micra on mine in addition to the keys and hang it on a carabiner in my back pocket, that way I always have a multitool and flashlight even if I forget everything else. Great tools to have as a volunteer firefighter/Emt as it seems everytime I go to check pupils somehow the penlights have grown legs and walked out of the jumpkits.

I use one of these:

http://www.bevkey.com/

Picked it up my freshman year from the NCSU school store. I keep my car key and my house key on it. Also, having a bottle opener on you at all times, I've found, is a great way to meet people at parties.

...The next day I noted the rear doors and tailgate have no locks on them either. Who was the genius who came up with this idea? 2005 Ford Explorer.

Basically industry wide, starting around 2005, as it happens. Face it, it took you four years to discover its absence, right?

- Chris

Basically industry wide, starting around 2005, as it happens. Face it, it took you four years to discover its absence, right?

- Chris

Yep, took about two years give or take a month or two. Just wondering if it's a cost saver or if there's some other logic behind it. Old enough to remember when doors and ignitions weren't even keyed alike. Another thing I do to reduce bulk is take the fob and leave the keys in the console. Had a battery completely die about a week ago. Thank goodness I didn't go keyless then.

I hate having bulky keys because they are uncomfortable to keep in your pocket.
Ummm, so don't keep them in your pocket. Seriously. I have the same issue and finally got to the point where I don't keep my keys on me anymore. I put them in a jacket pocket, satchel, whatever...

Yep, took about two years give or take a month or two. Just wondering if it's a cost saver or if there's some other logic behind it. Old enough to remember when doors and ignitions weren't even keyed alike.

Strictly cost savings. When all the cars come with remote fobs, the door cylinders see little to no use anyhow.

- Chris

Top Bottom