What's new

Kevin Durant signs with Golden state Warriors.what?

I look forward to listening to LeBron whine about it all next season.
His whining has brought over Chris Anderson from Miami

$011414-fsf-nba-miami-heat-chris-andersen-PI.jpg

I always thought KD was kinda overrated. One of the best pure scorers but his defense was lacking and he never seemed like he could run the offense. To me, he's along the same lines as Dirk. Remember before Curry became the hot ticket, all the analysts would say that KD was as good as Lebron. I have no negative feelings toward him for leaving, though I do think it was strange for him to choose GS. Its almost like he is saying that he isn't great enough to carry a team to glory so he has to latch on to an already great team. I thought it would have been more interesting if he would have went to Boston. Also, has any team been under the amount of pressure to win it all that the Warriors will be under next season?

I always thought KD was kinda overrated. One of the best pure scorers but his defense was lacking and he never seemed like he could run the offense. To me, he's along the same lines as Dirk. Remember before Curry became the hot ticket, all the analysts would say that KD was as good as Lebron. I have no negative feelings toward him for leaving, though I do think it was strange for him to choose GS. Its almost like he is saying that he isn't great enough to carry a team to glory so he has to latch on to an already great team. I thought it would have been more interesting if he would have went to Boston. Also, has any team been under the amount of pressure to win it all that the Warriors will be under next season?

Cleveland?

He doesn't have the strength or resilience of the modern power or shooting forward

Cleveland?

Cleveland, specifically Lebron was definitely was pressured to win but I don't think its the same. When Lebron went back to Cleveland, he was going to a team that had won less than 30 games the prior season. GS is coming off a historic regular season and they were win away from the title. Taking that team and adding a consensus top 5 player, I don't see how anything other than a 60+ win regular season and a championship isn't a disappointment. Lebron is always going to have pressure on him, no matter where he plays, it comes with being the best.

Cleveland, specifically Lebron was definitely was pressured to win but I don't think its the same. When Lebron went back to Cleveland, he was going to a team that had won less than 30 games the prior season. GS is coming off a historic regular season and they were win away from the title. Taking that team and adding a consensus top 5 player, I don't see how anything other than a 60+ win regular season and a championship isn't a disappointment. Lebron is always going to have pressure on him, no matter where he plays, it comes with being the best.
I like Curry accomplishments in San Francisco, but James taking a scrub team to consecutive finals and winning one is totally epic great.

I like Curry accomplishments in San Francisco, but James taking a scrub team to consecutive finals and winning one is totally epic great.

Yea Lebron is maybe the greatest player ever already regardless of what happens the rest of his career. Most people don't want to say he is better than Jordan, for some reason there is this stigma that no matter what, no one can be better than MJ. I've always hated the fact that we never got to see a Lebron and Kobe go at it in a 7 game series for the title, that would have been amazing. I wouldn't be that surprised if the Cavs repeat assuming everyone stays healthy.

MichaelJ and LebronJ are both the greatest in their own way. IMO Jordan has a slight advantage in pure athleticism but that opinion is colored by the differences in their body size. Where Jordan arguably had more quickness and creativity in part due to being smaller, while Lebron has such a big court presence that impacts the game.

I think LJ would more often beat MJ playing 1-on-1. While MJ would more often beat LJ playing H-o-r-s-e.

I don't see how any of these men can pound their bodies like the do season after season and still play so well.

MichaelJ and LebronJ are both the greatest in their own way. IMO Jordan has a slight advantage in pure athleticism but that opinion is colored by the differences in their body size. Where Jordan arguably had more quickness and creativity in part due to being smaller, while Lebron has such a big court presence that impacts the game.

I think LJ would more often beat MJ playing 1-on-1. While MJ would more often beat LJ playing H-o-r-s-e.

I don't see how any of these men can pound their bodies like the do season after season and still play so well.

my guess would be optimum nutrition and elite level training.

Yea Lebron is maybe the greatest player ever already regardless of what happens the rest of his career. Most people don't want to say he is better than Jordan, for some reason there is this stigma that no matter what, no one can be better than MJ. I've always hated the fact that we never got to see a Lebron and Kobe go at it in a 7 game series for the title, that would have been amazing. I wouldn't be that surprised if the Cavs repeat assuming everyone stays healthy.
The addition of Anderson can solidify that thought.

I don't really think that Jordan was a better athlete. I think it looks that way because of the athleticism of the rest of the NBA during their respective eras. MJ was so far ahead of most of the league when he was in his prime, however, the modern NBA is full of guys like Jordan, not talking skill level just strictly physical abilities. The NBA and even the D League is full of guys that are 6'6 to 6'8 215-220 lb freak athletes, that wasn't the case when Jordan was in the league. MJ was a That's why I think Kobe should get more credit than he does, in his prime he was basically Jordan 2.0, 6'6 220 with more all around skill than other guys in the league at the time. The difference is that Kobe, while being a great athlete, probably wasn't the best athlete during his time, at least not by as large of a margin.

I mostly look at it like this, MJ was the best of his generation, Kobe was the best of his, and Lebron is the best now. I think its almost impossible to pick the G.O.A.T because they all played in different situations, though if I had to pick, I think Lebron edges it out. By the way I'm not bias, I have no allegiance to James or the Cavs, I'm actually a Kobe fan.

Top Bottom