What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

I have been fighting through a lot personally. QUOTE]

Kevin, please talk to someone about this. A therapist, your preacher, someone. Heck, pm me and I'll give you my cell phone number.

I am doing better and am in better spirits. Just have a lot going on between work, a recovering puppy from surgery and being strained financially. The last one has helped with the fast food resistance. If you want to talk, feel free to pm me your #

Congrats on making it through the GRU-Fall restraint.

Do you think restraining yourself on shave purchases, helps at all with sticking to your diet? Kind of like sticking to your plan in one area carries over to this part of your life as well?

Kev I hear you. Every restraint I end up spending money elsewhere.

I'm experimenting with vegetarian/vegan meals right now which is way outside my comfort zone. I've basically not lost a pound over the last six months. I decided to try the opposite of what I normally eat and went with oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast followed by rice and veggies for lunch. I dipped below 205 for the first time in six months.

I'll keep playing with it and let you know how it goes.

Kev, after my motorcycle accident back in Dec I got off the tracks too. With my wife being pregnant most of this year and just having our son, she is re-invigorated to loose the baby weight (I think she looks great, but you know how that goes). She has us on the beach-body 21 day fix program. I'm not sold on it, but I'm doing my own workout routine and am using this as a three week period to get back into healthier habits. I'm right there with ya buddy, keep up the good work!

So to get back on track where do u want to start? We can help keep you motivated. Walking laps, easy exercise, counting calories?

+1. Walking or swimming ( even for a short time would a good place to start. iMHO the main thing is to do something most days.

So, ask yourself if you're satisfied with status quo. If the answer is no, ask youself what you can change right now. You have over 2400 posts of suggestions and support.

Very true. I am NOT happy with status quo. I am on a business trip right now and found Krispy Kreme with the HOT Donuts now sign........2 dozen later I feel bad. I also have had Dennys, Sticky Bones, McDonalds, catered BBQ, and Chipolte, along with 1 pound lunchmeat, cheese, and snacks on the drive down.. I did get a swim in tonight to help burn some of the calories off. I also have been walking more as well. I know i need to choose better when out.

Top Bottom