What's new

Keto

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ok. Cough it up. What goes in it. Hopefully not cauliflower. That family of vegetables are quite toxic.
Check this out:

Also:

Just substitute potatoes with mashed cauliflower.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Check this out:

Also:

Just substitute potatoes with mashed cauliflower.
Unfortunately I don’t eat cauliflower. Actually almost no vegetables except for some berries. But thanks. I once loved shepherds pie and ate it often. I’ve read “The Big Fat Lie”. Appears to be the same scientific process now being used for global warming that got us in trouble with food.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mexican cauliflower skillet dinner

20200312_180415.jpg
20200312_192231.jpg

That looks awesome!

Found myself getting a little 'extra' with my diet and then rationalize that I'm eating that way to gain more muscle... Lol. Eating way too many calories.

So to readjust insulin sensitivity and get rid of some water, maybe even a little fat, I'll be pretty strict keto; only exception being my preworkout meal.

Sooo... Steak and eggs. I can deal with that. Eggs mixed with broccoli, kale, spinach and bell pepper.

20200306_133817.jpg

My wife made a big pot of Beef Kaldereta (aka Caldereta) yesterday and I had a bowl for breakfast. She slow cooks it so I consider the soup bone broth. She doesn't use half the ingredients in the linked recipe - nowadays I always ask her what she used; olive oil + garlic + onions (standard base for a whole much of recipes...), chuck short ribs that I got, water, yellow bell pepper, bay leaves, salt & pepper, carrots, potatos, and I think that was it.

Loads of leftovers.

While not whole hog low fat high carb / ketogenic like myself, she has cut down significantly on her carbs and her A1C has dropped below the type 2 threshold, and her blood pressure is normal and she hasn't had (knock on wood) a gout attack in a long time. Knock on wood again.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve been Keto for a bit over a year with excellent results, however, I’m about 90% carnivore and rarely eat any vegetables. I prefer running vegetation through a cow first to remove the toxins.

I’ve been Keto for a bit over a year with excellent results, however, I’m about 90% carnivore and rarely eat any vegetables. I prefer running vegetation through a cow first to remove the toxins.
Vegetables ate staple in Keto, especially green-leaf and cruciferous ones.
Most of the cattle have been fed on grains rather than vegetables

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Vegetables ate staple in Keto, especially green-leaf and cruciferous ones.
Most of the cattle have been fed on grains rather than vegetables
Too many toxins in plants so I avoid them as much as possible. Cruciferous are especially bad. Plants chelate their minerals so they aren’t well absorbed. Our bodies get everything they need from meat especially organ meat. Grass fed and grass finished beef is definitely the supreme food but availability is a serious problem.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Went to the grocery today. The only ground beef left was the 72%. Surprised people were still rejecting saturated fat. I felt lucky.

eventually i will step off this ketogenic / LCHF lifestyle and resort to MREs and freezed dried meals.

vegans buying beef, anti-gunners in line for saturday night specials.

Top Bottom