What's new

Keto

The soybean (and other vegetable oils) might not be strictly a keto thing. Over the last several years I have been reading that soybean, canola, sunflower, etc oils are inflammatory and contribute negatively to your omega-3/omega-6 intake ratio.

I myself am not keto. I probably eat too many carbs and I don't actually measure/test for ketones. I do work to minimize my carbs, compress my eating window (with the exception of my morning coffee), and aim to eat food without labels as much as possible, get enough sleep... My goto fats are in no particular order: butter, ghee, olive oil (when not heated), lard and bacon fat. I occasionally use coconut oil here and there.

Ruckin.

Nowhere near Keto actually:

999999-190569123439.jpg

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Nowhere near Keto actually:

I had expected that they needed some binders in there.

Lots of marketing folks trying to edge products into the Keto folks' shopping carts. Many 'Keto' marketed products are not even close.

I try to not buy anything labeled with keto, paleo, primal, etc... actually I mostly try to buy stuff without labels. My chickens and ducks have not figured out how to put a label on their eggs and I am okay with that. I am pretty sure that none of my eggs fit the standard for the recipes as I have a wide variation from small chicken eggs to huge duck. Excuse the expression but I just kind of wing it on the recipe and make notes so I can adjust if needed next time I make it.

Oh and making stuff with freshly diced tomatoes instead of a 15oz can... sometimes it is hard to even compare. Actually most stuff from the garden kicks butt over anything from a store.

[edit] Adding that anyone (even urban apartment folks) can make a small herb garden and take their cooking up a few notches.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thinking about going carnivorous now since I’m so close anyway. Reading Dr. Saladino’s book “The Carnivore Code”. Very interesting and well researched.
I couldn't be total carnivorous because I like veggies so well. I grow a garden and everything. But I could easily be the egg man.

Top Bottom