What's new

Keto

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I don't have one, really. When I asked the hostess about it, she said that she just straight substituted cauliflower for the potatoes. Nothing more than that.

I've yet to try it (I'm sorry to say), so I can't give more insight. It might be a good time to fix that!
Fabulous. That makes total sense. Simple, why didnt i think of that?

Eliminating processed food is the single good take-away from the Keto-Paleo crowd. Animal products, however, should not be the cornerstone of the human diet. Go primarily plant-based, with the occasional steak or fish as a treat only. Processed oils should be avoided, but if you must pan fry something, use a small dab of real butter to do so.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
OK then. Finally tried the riced cauliflower in a 'loaded mashed potatoes' setting. Wife loved it. I loved it. Bye bye taters!

Radishes are next.

Looks good.

The Mrs gave her hand at using cauliflower instead of taters for her recipe of tater salad ..... it’s pretty darn good.

941914A2-6908-4637-9DF4-4A4C9DDBC8A6.jpeg
F635C1D5-7940-4E55-A8C1-775CCE7C0660.jpeg
B7C1703B-CB1C-4A29-BDAF-A8B9AB8D8673.jpeg
08E89DB0-CEC7-48F6-92D7-0C1BEB865F54.jpeg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That looks really good. Just sent the photo to my wife. She’s the maker of the po salad.

BTW ..... I do like the Fathead dough but the Mrs is watching calories so looking for an alternative
If she's on Keto she needs no watching calories.
As long as she gets about 70 % of fat in her diet she will feel full without having to bother about calories.

If she's on Keto she needs no watching calories.
As long as she gets about 70 % of fat in her diet she will feel full without having to bother about calories.

She’s not doing keto, that’s my thing so she counts calories but we do have some cauliflower crust from cauliflower foods that’s only 4 carbs per serving of crust but we have yet to try it.

For me today I consumed the following, I try hard to count exact servings and also double check nutritional info on labels

341D047E-3CBC-47AD-A23F-6D458B1795A3.jpeg

My sister has followed the keto diet. Getting started and "cheating" seemed to aggravate her body, but as long as she followed the plan, it worked for her. She had heard how harmful it is to your body (some think it is unsustainable, and it may be for some people IDK, anyway) so she had regular checks with her Doc and was told she was perfectly healthy. The doc said he was not a big proponent of keto but admitted that it seemed to be fine for her.

Here was dinner tonight, chicken breast cooked via a instapot then placed it on a bed of riced cauliflower with spinach, some corn and a few cherry tomatoes and also some wedges of avocado

BE6D8BE3-5FB1-4F60-9CD6-4E6D8AA01226.jpeg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Nice dinner
I will be spending some time in Katy here soon. Much easier than staying in downtown houston

On the cauliflower, will not fit the keto diet, we had some "hot wings" that were cauliflower stalks or whatever instead of chicken. YOu know, it was pretty close to actual hot wings.

If you do Keto you need to say away from corn

There was like 1/2 cup in the entire dish, I know corn is high in carbs but I doubt I consumed very much of it as the dish made 4 servings, I am averaging 30-35 carbs a day and I use keto strips to test a few times a week and the strips tell me I’m in moderate to moderate high ketosis most of the time

Last edited:
Sorry no pictures but I put a head of cauliflower in the Cuisinart and "riced" it. I then got out a billion year old Calphalon wok that was a wedding present in the 90s. I now have a gas range so I was looking forward to using a wok (after 25+ years of electric). I tossed in a bit of lard, and some diced garlic. Added a bell pepper, diced carrot and some frozen peas. Diced up a couple pork chops from yesterday. Tossed in the cauliflower, a dash of salt, pepper, sesame oil, and some coconut aminos.

Cooked for a bit and tossed in a few eggs (collected from the ducks/chickens yesterday) and mixed it in. I messed up and didn't cook the eggs quite enough before mixing and the cauliflower was a bit finer than optimal but the family unit liked it.

The parts I messed up was a 13" wok is too small for that much food. I should have had coarser cauliflower, and let the egg cook a bit more before mixing in. On a positive note there are two (maybe three) servings for lunch tomorrow.

Can't say if that was keto or just dinner. I think I see a 16" wok in my future.

Ruckin.

Top Bottom