What's new

Keto

Those look great. When I query them through Amazon it looks like they’re in their Whole Foods stores so I may check that out. Thanks a lot.
You’re sure welcome. Hope they work out for you. I like how nicely they heat up in pan, yet stay pliable.

I’m sorry, I should have included the nutrition section. Here’s that.
image.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I LOVE TO EAT

amen, brother!

my weight was out of control and I chose to control my blood press along with other things thru diet and moderate exercise and not meds
my Doctor hates the word diet and said I need to say “Chosen Lifestyle“ as diets indicate restrictive so I do what she advised

Good for you to work to fix your problems with diet and exercise rather than drugs. Some serious things there, and to be able to address them without drugs is great.

I don't like the "starve yourself" implications a lot of people think are in "diet" but ... I'm not a big fan of funny word games and giving everything gussied up new names that are supposedly "implication free" or whatever. The great thing about keto is not having to undergo chronic caloric deficits, but on the other hand keto isn't "eat as much as you want". We have to be responsible with our caloric intake.

I find that I can be strict with myself most of the time, so plan to be fully keto and fasting during the week days and plan to allow myself a little extra indulgence on the weekend (or every second weekend). That way I know I will occasionally have those naughty foods I still like, and it won't be me failing to keep up with "the plan" ... as it actually IS part of the plan.

I just have to make sure that "a little" doesn't drift into "a lot".

But diets, unlike wives, can tolerate a small amount of cheating.

Looking for a good keto taco shell, soft or hard. But here’s the kicker, no grains in the Recipe.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I made me up some and they were surprisingly delicious. The texture was really good. I don’t have an air fryer so I set my oven for 425° for about 12 to 15 minutes. It turned out pretty good I’m impressed. Next time I’m going to add Parmesan cheese as well. Maybe even some herbs like Rosemary or thyme.

Okay, so I had a total baking disaster yesterday in the Ninja. I tried to make my biscuit recipe in the Silicone Sous Vide Egg holder thingy, and i think I put too much batter in each hole. They are pretty deep. I usually just use a cookie scooper and cook the biscuits on a piece of parchment at the bottom of the ninja. But I was kind of jealous of the nice consistent shape of Aaron's biscuits. There really is no way to see if they are done, or just pull out one to test. The tops looked done and the biscuits were firm. And it passed the toothpick test. So when I turned it up side down on the plate to get the biscuits out, I was met with biscuit tops and a pile of uncooked batter. I was so angry I just tossed it in the garbage. I should have scooped it into something and kept cooking. But I didnt think of that until it was too late.

Well, I am always the one to get back on the horse. And I wasnt going to let this get to me, so I took another shot today. I decided to try Aaron's idea of using my recipe in the standard oven. I grabbed my trusty old cupcake pan that I havent used in years, and filled 9 of the holes with the correct amount of batter. I use the cookie scooper to measure out my portions. Baked for 425 for 15 minutes. Perfection! I think they came out better than in the Ninja. Some things do. The sausage rolls I posted previously come out way better in the standard oven. Thanks Aaron for the tips! I even went out and bought some silicone Eggy rings to try next!

2021-08-31 13.08.44.jpg

2021-08-31 13.15.09.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Okay, so I had a total baking disaster yesterday in the Ninja. I tried to make my biscuit recipe in the Silicone Sous Vide Egg holder thingy, and i think I put too much batter in each hole. They are pretty deep. I usually just use a cookie scooper and cook the biscuits on a piece of parchment at the bottom of the ninja. But I was kind of jealous of the nice consistent shape of Aaron's biscuits. There really is no way to see if they are done, or just pull out one to test. The tops looked done and the biscuits were firm. And it passed the toothpick test. So when I turned it up side down on the plate to get the biscuits out, I was met with biscuit tops and a pile of uncooked batter. I was so angry I just tossed it in the garbage. I should have scooped it into something and kept cooking. But I didnt think of that until it was too late.

Well, I am always the one to get back on the horse. And I wasnt going to let this get to me, so I took another shot today. I decided to try Aaron's idea of using my recipe in the standard oven. I grabbed my trusty old cupcake pan that I havent used in years, and filled 9 of the holes with the correct amount of batter. I use the cookie scooper to measure out my portions. Baked for 425 for 15 minutes. Perfection! I think they came out better than in the Ninja. Some things do. The sausage rolls I posted previously come out way better in the standard oven. Thanks Aaron for the tips! I even went out and bought some silicone Eggy rings to try next!

View attachment 1320314

View attachment 1320313
Those look fabulous. Sometimes you just have to experiment on things. I think the ice cream scoop is just the right amount. But when I use the silicone rings they also were good. Today for lunch I ate one of my McMuffins. Those things freeze pretty darn good. I just take one out throw it in the microwave on defrost for a couple of minutes then I turn it up to high and cook it for another 30 to 45 seconds bingo. My shopping list for Friday morning has more shredded cheese, pan sausage and almond flour.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Those look fabulous. Sometimes you just have to experiment on things. I think the ice cream scoop is just the right amount. But when I use the silicone rings they also were good. Today for lunch I ate one of my McMuffins. Those things freeze pretty darn good. I just take one out throw it in the microwave on defrost for a couple of minutes then I turn it up to high and cook it for another 30 to 45 seconds bingo. My shopping list for Friday morning has more shredded cheese, pan sausage and almond flour.
Very awesome. So you freeze it with the egg and cheese installed? Its like your own fast food!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Very awesome. So you freeze it with the egg and cheese installed? Its like your own fast food!
Yes, everything is installed. Put one in the frig overnight and let defrost is the real way to go. I don't ever remember to do that... therefore the microwave.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
@BradWorld

I just filled the silicone rings to the top and leveled everything off with the top of the ring. I thing those rings are only about 1/2 inch thick. The sausage I leveled off too but only used them as a template to match the bun size.

Any of you tried Lavash bread while on Keto? Low carb and tastes good. Have found a number of uses for this bread--wraps, breakfast burritos, pizza crust, cut-up and baked for dipping in salsa. The stuff comes in honey wheat, whole-wheat, oat bran and whole wheat, in flat sheets and pita pockets. We are on our fourth purchase, and haven't bought keto bread or buns since finding these. Try Walmart as a source.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Any of you tried Lavash bread while on Keto? Low carb and tastes good. Have found a number of uses for this bread--wraps, breakfast burritos, pizza crust, cut-up and baked for dipping in salsa. The stuff comes in honey wheat, whole-wheat, oat bran and whole wheat, in flat sheets and pita pockets. We are on our fourth purchase, and haven't bought keto bread or buns since finding these. Try Walmart as a source.

I have been looking at the lavash bread for a bit. I have had a pack in my Amazon cart "save for later" for a month. Its not cheap, and the better prices are on multi-packs, so I have been hesitant. I dont go to walmart much, but I cant say I have seen the Lavash there. I dont mind spending higher dollars on healthy foods, so dont read that the wrong way. But I have wasted a lot of money investing in keto friendly items that taste like cardboard. Plus 6 grams of carb for a half a flatbread is good or bad, depending on the size and thickness of the flatbread. I have no information relative to how much of a flatbread makes a sandwich, etc. If it takes a whole lavash to make a sandwich, then I can do much better than 12 grams of carbs. Any further insights would be greatly appreciated.

I have been looking at the lavash bread for a bit. I have had a pack in my Amazon cart "save for later" for a month. Its not cheap, and the better prices are on multi-packs, so I have been hesitant. I dont go to walmart much, but I cant say I have seen the Lavash there. I dont mind spending higher dollars on healthy foods, so dont read that the wrong way. But I have wasted a lot of money investing in keto friendly items that taste like cardboard. Plus 6 grams of carb for a half a flatbread is good or bad, depending on the size and thickness of the flatbread. I have no information relative to how much of a flatbread makes a sandwich, etc. If it takes a whole lavash to make a sandwich, then I can do much better than 12 grams of carbs. Any further insights would be greatly appreciated.
Merely a suggestion. Let me mention that other keto followers we know eat lavash, that is how we came to start eating them. We are pleased so far, because both of us continue to lose several pounds a month. The version we use for wraps, or rolled-up sandwich, has six net carbs per wrap by making two wraps from one lavash piece. The pita we use has three net carbs when cut in half. Both ways you end up with a satisfying serving. The bread and buns we have tried that are very low carb aren't worth it, as most are yucky and cost twice as much as regular bread. If your local Walmart carries lavash bread items by Joseph's, they sell for less than $3 for a pack of several pieces. I would recommend them to anyone doing keto. You can definitely do worse.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Merely a suggestion. Let me mention that other keto followers we know eat lavash, that is how we came to start eating them. We are pleased so far, because both of us continue to lose several pounds a month. The version we use for wraps, or rolled-up sandwich, has six net carbs per wrap by making two wraps from one lavash piece. The pita we use has three net carbs when cut in half. Both ways you end up with a satisfying serving. The bread and buns we have tried that are very low carb aren't worth it, as most are yucky and cost twice as much as regular bread. If your local Walmart carries lavash bread items by Joseph's, they sell for less than $3 for a pack of several pieces. I would recommend them to anyone doing keto. You can definitely do worse.
Thanks for the info. I’ll have to give it a try.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I found these at the local Whole Foods store. The taste is neutral. The texture is flaky and tends to break apart if you overcook it. The best way is to put it in a skillet on high heat 15 seconds on each side. Even after that it still is real flaky and tends to fall apart. So I’m on the search for something else. It’s still good in a pinch though.

Top Bottom