What's new

Kent V8 Butterscotch NOS

Hi all.
I recently acquired a NOS Kent V8 butterscotch brush including original box. Will have pictures up when I receive it. I’ve done a little research on the Kent V series however I’m a little confused about years the brush was available. I’ve seen postings of a 25 year span beginning in the 60s...and also a post about starting in the 1930s. I did see a catalogue someone posted on BnB, thank you sir, that lists all Kent brushes with measurements and hair type...The Vs were lsited as “Best Badger.” but the catalogue looks older than 1960s.

Does anyone have any experience/input on the Vs and thoughts on the badger used, and age. I plan on using the brush immediately...which begs another question...if a brush sits for decades without use will the hairs dry and become brittle?

Forgot to add there’s a few EXTRA LARGE Kent Vs out there that were not meant to be used and placed on display counters.

For back-up I contacted Kent in the UK and inquired about the brush lineage (Auto reply they will get back to me). My experience with the Brits is always Excellent and anticipate a reply.

I’m using a rebranded Rooney, Kent BK 4 silvertip, and Chubby 2 Super (Shedding like a mother bear after less than a year using.

Sorry for all the verbiage......

The V series also came in a barn storming boar too. I've got a couple, always wanted a badger. Oh and Kent have recently started to use a very similar shape in the new synth line up. Again it's a good brush but maybe a little bit expensive.

Top Bottom