What's new

Kent soaps on ebay

Hey guys,
Have any of you seen those Kent soaps on ebay sold by the seller Kentbrushes? I believe that it is Kent's official distributer on ebay. Anybody know if this is true, or if these soaps are legit/what they are? All the Kent soaps I see now have a knob on the lid of the bowl, but this is the design with a smooth lid and the logo.
Any info?
Thanks

Wait. The seller name is actually gbkent
PM me for a link, since we can't post live auctions

Last edited:
The invoice that I just got from them is the same as the one that come with my last Kent brush purchase.

I think it's sort of like the Levenger(pens/office accessories) ebay store which is an overstock sale of sorts.

I've bought both the soap and some brushes from the Kent ebay store with no issues. The soap, as is widely known, appears to be rebranded Mitchell's Wool Fat (smelled the same and was the same size as the real deal).

That was what the reviews section here said too. I bought it. 20 including shipping and all. Seems to be standard pricing for MWF (by standard, I mean standard at the cheaper sources). Crossing my fingers, I've heard many many many opposing reviews of MWF

That was what the reviews section here said too. I bought it. 20 including shipping and all. Seems to be standard pricing for MWF (by standard, I mean standard at the cheaper sources). Crossing my fingers, I've heard many many many opposing reviews of MWF

MWF has lots of fans, too, so if you don't like the soap, it shouldn't be too hard to unload via BST. :001_smile

Ordered the Brush, Bowl, Soap and disposable "gift set" off GBKent Ebay Store.

Really wanted the bowl, but it's a cheap price for a wooden shave bowl, a puck of ( rebranded ) MWF , a boar brush and a disposable razor.

If you look at the Kent web site the bowls have handles there , but these ones on Ebay don't, they're flat lids. You can't see this on the gift set listing but was verified for me by the Ebay Seller who said that the bowl with the kit is the same as the bowl alone listing ( with the flat lid ) .

Have read good reviews about all the Kent stuff and the MWF and the extra paid over just purchasing the soap and bowl to get another brush was (to me) worth it.

Just waiting for it to arrive from the other side of the world.

Don't need the Wilkinson Sword Extra 2 Disposable Razor though. Think I'll just put it on B/S/T to offset the cost of the other things :tongue_sm

Thanks for answering my question before I asked it! I was wondering if the gift set included the same shave bowl and puck as the separate item. For whatever reason, the shipping is cheaper on the gift set, making the total cost only couple of dollars different for the gift set. Only thing you miss out on is the "Presentation Box'.

Their brush is only $6.27. It says badger effect. Does that mean it has synthetic bristles?
It says:

Wooden socket small size pure bristle, badger effect from Kentbrushes
Height 112mm
socket Diameter 34mm
knot flare 44mm

This Shaving brush is brand new and unused and packaged.

T
Wooden socket small size pure bristle, badger effect from Kentbrushes

Doesn't pure bristle imply Boar ??? ( That was my newbie impression).

I know that the brush with the gift set is boar as they answered my question in regards to this.

Does this help ??

If in doubt, shoot them an email, they're pretty quick with answers given time zone differences :001_smile

Doesn't pure bristle imply Boar ??? ( That was my newbie impression).

I know that the brush with the gift set is boar as they answered my question in regards to this.

Does this help ??

If in doubt, shoot them an email, they're pretty quick with answers given time zone differences :001_smile

The auctions says "badger effect". That's what threw me. I'll send him an email.

Am I mistaken, or does the 'gbkent' store only carry factory-seconds?

Not that it is a problem ... for those excellent prices, I can live with a cosmetic blemish or two.

I was thinking of getting the white military club brush and the shaving set with soap, brush and razor ... total about $40 with shipping.

I was looking at it earlier today ... I wanted to order more than one item to save a little on the shipping. Can I do that with the 'Buy it Now' button on eBay? I didn't want to complete the order until I found the 'Continue Shopping' button.

Am I mistaken, or does the 'gbkent' store only carry factory-seconds?

Not that it is a problem ... for those excellent prices, I can live with a cosmetic blemish or two.

I'll let you know in about a weeks time whether there's any "issues" that I can see...... :001_smile

Well the one I shipped off to Perth about 3 weeks ago was cosmetically perfect, the soap weighed the right amount and smelt right. Same story with the brush.

Kent is a highly reputable British Company that is famous for the manufacture and supply of combs and brushes.

They have an internet site which you will find if you do a search for Kent Brushes UK.

Instead of speculating, why don't you ask Kent direct by e mail or telephone.
The lady I have spoken to at Kent will I'm sure answer all of your questions.

Top Bottom