What's new

Kent soaps on ebay

Am I mistaken, or does the 'gbkent' store only carry factory-seconds?

Not that it is a problem ... for those excellent prices, I can live with a cosmetic blemish or two.

I was thinking of getting the white military club brush and the shaving set with soap, brush and razor ... total about $40 with shipping.

I was looking at it earlier today ... I wanted to order more than one item to save a little on the shipping. Can I do that with the 'Buy it Now' button on eBay? I didn't want to complete the order until I found the 'Continue Shopping' button.

I got the white military brush a couple of months ago. I've looked all over it for a cosmetic blemish, but I've yet to find anything. I want to order another one with the soap and dish, but like you, don't know if I can combine the order.

All right, I gave in to the temptation on the Kent soap and bowl and order it along with another white bristle military brush. I saved .50 GBP on shipping. I went to the Kentbrush ebay store, used buy it now for the soap and bowl, and after committing to buy, it gave the option to return to the store. I returned, then used buy it now on the brush. When I used the Paypal pay option, it combined the two and showed the savings on shipping. Not much of a savings, but every little bit helps I guess.

I've gotten Kent soap in the wooden bowl from the eBay store, and I have MWF in the ceramic bowl from another source. The soaps are identical. Not to worry!

If you look at the Kent web site the bowls have handles there , but these ones on Ebay don't, they're flat lids. You can't see this on the gift set listing but was verified for me by the Ebay Seller who said that the bowl with the kit is the same as the bowl alone listing ( with the flat lid ) .

The non-handle bowl is the old style. That may be why it's on the ebay store, clearance.

I bought a hair brush and a bowl of soap from the site. Saved 50 pence on shipping and it took 10 days to get Oz.

If there's a blemish on the brush I can't see it :biggrin:

Cheers

V

VR6ofpain

I bought some Kent SS from this vendor (yes it is Kent, they have the same address). Supposedly it is the same as MWF.

That said, I did not care for the soap (sold it in the BST). Tabac is a better product that can be had for less. The Kent SS just didn't give enough glide for me.

I bought some Kent SS from this vendor (yes it is Kent, they have the same address). Supposedly it is the same as MWF.

That said, I did not care for the soap (sold it in the BST). Tabac is a better product that can be had for less. The Kent SS just didn't give enough glide for me.

I like Tabac better too--performance and scent. That said, I will still use Kent/MWF in my rotation. I'm also looking to try Pre de Provence

So about how long did it take you guys to get yours? I ordered a few days ago, so I just wanted to know when to expect it. I'm on the west coast in the US by the way

So about how long did it take you guys to get yours? I ordered a few days ago, so I just wanted to know when to expect it. I'm on the west coast in the US by the way

Couldn't tell you exactly, but I'm in Calif. and was happy with the delivery time.

(This of the bowl and soap from Ebay)

Received today, so 9 days shipping UK to Australia. Not bad at all.

Bowl and soap is nice. This is actually the part I was after. The bowl actually isn't exactly the same as the one pictured on Ebay, it has more "curves" in it. If I wanted to be real picky, you can still see light lathe marks in the wood, but as I say only if I really wanted to be picky. As for the soap, I don't have enough knowledge to know if it's MWF or not.

I also don't have a non-Ebay bowl that I can compare it against.

The brush certainly doesn't have a "premium" feel or look to it. Looking at it, it's a VS80. This sells for 4.95 pounds on kentbrushes website. Wood isn't exactly finely finished or polished, varnish isn't exactly glossy smooth and there's quite a bit of excess glue around the knot.

That being said, effectively by buying the set I got the brush and the razor for $4AU extra compared with buying just the bowl and soap. The brush'll make an ideal emergency/backup/travel brush.

The Wilkinson Sword Extra 2 is really nice as well, beautiful green handle ( no it's meant to be that way ) , light and a very nice DE ( well it does have two blades ). I know you guys will be scrambling for it once I list it on BST :001_tt2:

Whole lot cost me $27AU, so given that the MWF refill to buy "locally" is around $25 AU, think I've done well.

YMMV

(Sorry only got my cheap point and shoot at work with me at the moment )

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom