What's new

Kent Infinity Silvertex?

What do you think about this brush? I have a Semogue 1470 and a Simpson Special in best. I really like the Semogue, but I would like to skip the soaking step.

The handle on the Kent is very good looking, and if the fibers are as soft as on the Semogue I think I might get one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I like this brush but I may be in a minority. I found the handle a tad small so installed the knot into a different handle. I am also using a Maggard 22mm synthetic knot in another handle and it is a toss up between the two. I face lather so that may make a difference for you. If the price is right then try it out. I use synthetics for travel, otherwise I use Whipped Dog HMB - amazing brushes - I have two in 24mm and one monster in 30mm. I have not tried the WD synthetics.

Out of all synthetics I've tried, the Kent is my favorite so far. I actually liked it a more than the EJ Silvertip Fibre V2.0 synthetic, which is a very highly regarded brush. The EJ is really nice, so I'd kind of like to try it again in a smaller size (I had the 23mm), but I'm guessing that I still might like the Kent a bit more.

The Kent is a small brush, but it lathers great (I use it bowl lathering) and the small size makes it easy to pinpoint where the lather is going, which is my preference. The handle is nice, but not as nice as the handles that come with their more expensive brushes (e.g. BK4).

I actually just ordered a second Kent to have as a spare since I came across a price ($10 USD) that was too good to pass up.

While I like it, buy at your own risk knowing that it seems like the majority don't like it much.

It's a great brush, but compared to the other synthetics I have used, the loft is set lower than others, so the knot feels stiffer. This does not break in, so flowthrough isn't as good. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine brush, just be aware of the knot properties before you buy.

Skip the soaking. I started doing that a while back on the theory that a brush can only absorb so much water.

Now I just run my 620 under shaving water from faucet and it gets plenty wet for great lathers.

I love mine. It's the smallest brush I have. I use it as a travel brush. It dries quickly, doesn't take up a lot of room, and is a soft and effective latherer.

Received the brush today. That knot sure has some backbone. Not sure what to think of it yet, but it lathers up soaps and creams well enough. Will post my thoughts when I have tested the brush further.

Use it for a week. I think it gets easier to use. It breaks in a tiny bit. It shakes water out fast. I love my badger and boars, though. It feels weird having to press down harder to splay it for bowl lathering. It also flicks soap in the air when applying it to your face.

I received the spare Kent that I ordered and it's a lot stiffer and not as soft as the one I've been using for the past 1 1/2 years. The one I've been using has quite a bit of backbone, but nowhere near as much as the new one. I'm going to use the new one for awhile to see if it changes at all to be more like my older one, which I hope it does, because I definitely like my old one a lot more, but I just don't recall what it was like when new and whether or not it changed over time.

Top Bottom