What's new

Kent BK4

I got a Kent brush in the post last thing yesterday and I just want to confirm that it is superb (for all of you who have never tried a Kent.) My only basis for comparison at the moment is a Men U Premier synthetic brush and to my mind at least it is like comparing a space hopper to a Pagani Zonda. Although I haven't got another badger brush to compare to at the moment (the Rooney still hasn't arrived) I can see the Kent staying on as my go to brush.
Regards, AJS

Just ordered the Kent BK-4 to add to my quickly growing collection: Vulfix 2233; Shavemac 230 (which is pretty large)...

I'm learning that I think there is such a thing as "too big." The Vulfix 2233 is PERFECT and makes a great lather with the NancyBoy cream. The Shavemac, I've found, works much better with the Proraso. I have Trumpers Limes I think I'll try tomorrow...

I'm just waiting to cave-in and shell out the buck-99 for the Rooney's Finest in a small...

NYLaw said:
Just ordered the Kent BK-4 to add to my quickly growing collection: Vulfix 2233; Shavemac 230 (which is pretty large)...

I'm learning that I think there is such a thing as "too big." The Vulfix 2233 is PERFECT and makes a great lather with the NancyBoy cream. The Shavemac, I've found, works much better with the Proraso. I have Trumpers Limes I think I'll try tomorrow...

I'm just waiting to cave-in and shell out the buck-99 for the Rooney's Finest in a small...

Wait for the brush test - and their will be a Rooney Finest involved! Congrats on the Kent BK4.... isn't she a beaut!?!

I just received my small Rooney finest today. It's a beautiful brush, but smaller than I expected. Most of my brushes are pretty large though, so I guess I just didn't know what to expect. Looking forward to using it!

KHARI: If you wouldn't mind taking a moment, after using your Rooney's Finest for a week or so, post a brief review of the brush, and compare it to the others that you have... If you wouldn't mind! (I've found that reviewing some of my products helps me enjoy them even more, because I'm forced to articulate what I specifically like about the product...) Thanks, and ENJOY!

Joel or Ron, or Anyone...

I still await my BK4, but does anybody know the approximate knot size of the BK-4? I know Kent doesn't advertise by knot size, but you guys are the experts here... Thanks!

NYLaw said:
Joel or Ron, or Anyone...

I still await my BK4, but does anybody know the approximate knot size of the BK-4? I know Kent doesn't advertise by knot size, but you guys are the experts here... Thanks!

Kent says the BK4 is 19.80mm so ....20mm knot.

Fascinating...... While it may be 20mm, it is packed densely, and it has a large "loft" ergo - the brush when used should be about the size of a standard 22-23mm. I'll have to go out and buy a caliper, I didn't know it was that small!

These measurements from the vendors are highly suspect. My BK2 is about 22 mm, and my Savile Row 3124, though ostensibly 24mm, is way thicker than that.

I think there is a large difference between measuring a completely dry, new brush, and one which has seen water.

This might help a bit , knot sizes for the Bk range :-

BK12 32MM
BK8 26MM
BK4 22MM
BK2 22MM

Steve Davis
Kentbrushes

Ps GBK1777 offer in couponcode 2nd page of checkout
will still run during May and we should be able to sell in
dollars around june

Kentbrushes said:

BK12 32MM
BK8 26MM
BK4 22MM
BK2 22MM

Steve Davis
Kentbrushes

dollars around june

Oops! I got my information from another forum member who had supposedly e-mailed Kent and that was the reply he said he received. I too thought it sounded too small!:redface:

Thanks Steve for the information. I may be in need of a BK4!!

Kentbrushes said:

BK12 32MM
BK8 26MM
BK4 22MM
BK2 22MM

Steve Davis
Kentbrushes

dollars around june

THANKS STEVE!

I 've the feeling that a new case of SBAD is developing here on B&B:

BK2-BK4-BK8-BK12..........................................

As for myself, i didn't catch the full BK-SBAD until now...........
I was not infected with the BK-2 variant:001_smile ; i started with BK4, then BK12 and finally BK 8; maybe this protected me against contamination with BK2:wink:

dr:biggrin: P

Kentbrushes said:

BK12 32MM
BK8 26MM
BK4 22MM
BK2 22MM

Steve Davis
Kentbrushes

dollars around june

Steve,

thanx for the info and glad to see you back up on the net!

drP said:
I 've the feeling that a new case of SBAD is developing here on B&B:

BK2-BK4-BK8-BK12..........................................

P

Always fancied one of these...and I am afraid recent articles have tipped me over the edge:001_rolle

Brian

Dear oh dear!

I have absolutely no need for another shaving brush and I'm in the verge of buying a BK8. I'm a complete sucker for a discount code!

Jonnybc said:
Dear oh dear!

I have absolutely no need for another shaving brush and I'm in the vergo of buying a BK8. I'm a complete sucker for a discount code!

They are exceptional brushes..... it's hard to go wrong :biggrin:

Top Bottom