What's new

Kent BK4

Jonnybc said:
Dear oh dear!

I have absolutely no need for another shaving brush and I'm in the vergo of buying a BK8. I'm a complete sucker for a discount code!

You've been warned: once you've got hold on the BK8. you'll be wondering: "how would that King Sized BK12 feel, look, lather, perform, appeal while standing on my bathroom shelf etcetera etecera...."

So you might as well go right for this icon of classic wetshaving!!

Ask Ron (Guenron) about it, he really fell in love with his BK12 at that time:001_smile

Peter

drP said:
You've been warned: once you've got hold on the BK8. you'll be wondering: "how would that King Sized BK12 feel, look, lather, perform, appeal while standing on my bathroom shelf etcetera etecera...."

So you might as well go right for this icon of classic wetshaving!!

Ask Ron (Guenron) about it, he really fell in love with his BK12 at that time:001_smile

Peter

I think I'm safe from the temptation of the BK12, I had a look ant one in a shop and thought it was just too big. I could be wrong though.

My BK4 arrived today....and it truely is a beautiful brush:biggrin:

Just the right size....and soooooo soft. Looks great with a bloom. I really think that vendors should prepare a brush before they use it for their catalogues. The bloom really would be a factor in my purchasing decisions.

Regards
Brian

madmedic said:
The bloom really would be a factor in my purchasing decisions.

Is it Brian?????

How'bout this one:

proxy.php

Or:

proxy.php

Or:

proxy.php

Or:

proxy.php

Finally:

proxy.php

These are the so called "BLOOMING BEAUTIES"..............:001_smile :001_smile

Peter

Looks like heaven!!!!

By the way.....what model is that Vulfix beside the Wee Scot? Looks like a vase stuffed with badger hair instead of Flowers. I suppose it has to be watered to keep it in bloom? :wink:

Brian

It's the famous Vulfix # 38 in super badger (38 mm knot) aka "The Shaving Vase"..........

Peter

Has anyone tried the Kent T12 that Kent is selling on eBay for about $55? Are the T12 characteristics similar to the BK12? I have heard that the 12 size brushes are too floppy.

Ed

Peter, as usual every time I catch a glimpse of some of your collection my eyes open wide and my mouth drops open. Fantastic specimens that you collect, I really like that Polo in Extra Super, wow.:eek: :biggrin:

rasiermesserfan said:
Has anyone tried the Kent T12 that Kent is selling on eBay for about $55? Are the T12 characteristics similar to the BK12? I have heard that the 12 size brushes are too floppy.

Ed

Ed,

The T12 is in pure grey badger while the BK12 is in pure super badger; the T12 is stiffer , has less flex and is more prickly than the BK12 because of the different properties between these two kind of badgers
Indeed, the BK12 has rather much flex in the bristles; some call this floppy or even moppy, and there are guys who like this, and who dislike it....

Although i like a firmly, densely filled brush the most, like my Shavemacs, i like to use my Kent BK12 rather often; purely because of the abundancy of the loft; it gives a very luxurious feeling to do so.

The BK12 is less suitable for scrubbing your skin than f.i. the (older) Shavemacs (Bernd changed to softer bristles last year because of several requests from the market/his clients); but for lathering up looking like Santa it's really perfect!!!!

Peter

As Peter says....not floppy. I have one and really enjoy using it. Initially there was some hair loss which concerned me. That has now stopped . An amazing brush with a soap in a big bowl.

Regards
Brian

Wouldn't you know it?!

I was using my new BK4 for the second time this morning and DROPPED it!!!

It bounced off of my Corian countertop and on to the tiled floor (with a full load of e-Shave cucumber lather in it, of course). It landed on my little area rug bristles/lather DOWN and the handle now has a small chip out of the bottom...

:a52:

DAMMIT! That's the only time I've ever dropped a shaving brush.

:crying: :crying:

HlSheppard said:
Wouldn't you know it?!

I was using my new BK4 for the second time this morning and DROPPED it!!!

It bounced off of my Corian countertop and on to the tiled floor (with a full load of e-Shave cucumber lather in it, of course). It landed on my little area rug bristles/lather DOWN and the handle now has a small chip out of the bottom...

:a52:

DAMMIT! That's the only time I've ever dropped a shaving brush.

:crying: :crying:

OUCH!!!

Howard - go back to sleep... it is not your day. First the B&B cologne - now this?

I must admit.... I have dropped a shaving brush once. I dropped my Shavemaster and it was more of a "throw" whilst turning quickly. (slick lather made it slip out of my hands) I fired that SOB into the hard tile floor with a vengence. I'll be damned if the SOB didn't look PERFECT. The handle on that thing is built for a freakin' war.

On a side note... how do you like the BK4? Having to wait for the other 2 brushes to show up is KILLING me. If they don't arrive in the next few days - I might have to start without them!

I like it just fine. Not as dense or big a knot as the Vulfix 41 (that's familiar to you). I have those two brushes as my more "luxurious" cream brushes.

Most of the time, I'm a soap guy - but with the BK4 and the Moss Scuttle, I've been doing more creams lately, just to play around.

The handle of the BK4 is finished impeccably (at least mine WAS! :mad3: ). However, like I think you stated in your review, the handle is a little small for my hand (where it tapers in). I prob. should have stepped up to the BK8, but then I'm getting closer to the type of brush I already have.

It has lost a few bristles, too - but I hear that's fairly common with Kent at first (?).

HlSheppard said:
It has lost a few bristles, too - but I hear that's fairly common with Kent at first (?).

Don't worry about this at all......most of my brushes lost a few bristles in the beginning....

Peter

HlSheppard said:
I like it just fine. Not as dense or big a knot as the Vulfix 41 (that's familiar to you). I have those two brushes as my more "luxurious" cream brushes.

Most of the time, I'm a soap guy - but with the BK4 and the Moss Scuttle, I've been doing more creams lately, just to play around.

The handle of the BK4 is finished impeccably (at least mine WAS! :mad3: ). However, like I think you stated in your review, the handle is a little small for my hand (where it tapers in). I prob. should have stepped up to the BK8, but then I'm getting closer to the type of brush I already have.

Not so with mine the BK8 so far I lost only 1 or 2 hairs. the brus is build like a tank. very happy with it too bad no digi cam . the bloom is superduper...

Top Bottom