What's new

Kent BK4 repair

Hi all
I need to reglue the knot into my Kent BK4 and need a little advice before doing it. There appears to be a large blob of glue inside the handle and I’m planning to use my Dremel to grind it down to reduce the loft and hopefully firm up the brush a little. Firstly, will this work and secondly, if so how much do I need to take off?

Thanks, Gordon.

C35E016C-055C-4C24-BB45-5828A39F23DC.jpeg
4BE336FB-F11D-4BAA-A425-21488022F80F.jpeg

Yes it will work IF the handle is solid but be careful, it’s easy to screw up. 2mm can actually make a noticeable difference so just clean out a tiny bit at a time until it has the backbone you’re looking for, and do your best to keep it level. The knot will self center but an uneven/unlevel base can screw things up.

Yes it will work IF the handle is solid but be careful, it’s easy to screw up. 2mm can actually make a noticeable difference so just clean out a tiny bit at a time until it has the backbone you’re looking for, and do your best to keep it level. The knot will self center but an uneven/unlevel base can screw things up.
Thank you

I was planning to be careful because the glue bump isn’t centered.

Sorry, it’s been a hectic week and I’ve forgotten to reply.

The brush now seems a little firmer and the knot feels secure. I’m also struggling to remember what I did at the time, this is not helped by a severe lack of sleep due a work call-out last night.

Last edited:
Top Bottom