What's new

Kent Beard Brush

Just got it last evening. I want to use it for a few days before I give a full review. I can tell you one thing, it has that classic Kent craftsmanship and presentation.

I must admit, this brush cuts through my relatively thick beard with great ease. Too easy I thought, as it feels like it is just gliding over the top of the beard. I think this is due to the angled cut. It feels like it is not doing anything which was disappointing at first. It does however "round the beard" nicely without bothering the skin beneath and breaks up the tangles. More to come, but I see where this brush is a great "trainer" of the beard and distributes the natural oils nicely. I don't use it with my beard wax as I feel the comb finish is much better for that. I brush my beard, then apply the wax and finalize a style with a Kent comb. I have noticed my beard is "straightening" a bit and I attribute that to the brush. I will tell you guys more in a few days.

This brush is really working wonders training the mustache "off my lip" and giving it that shape and flow into the beard. I still find it works best when followed up with a comb after applying beard wax.

Sounds like I may have to pick one up for a friend

It is a bit spendy, but it is a 'lifetime' brush I am sure. The construction is definitely in the Kent tradition. I was also suprised at the size at first. Seemed too small to do the job, but it does do the job. It has a really cool travel bag and is quite portable.

It is a bit spendy, but it is a 'lifetime' brush I am sure. The construction is definitely in the Kent tradition. I was also suprised at the size at first. Seemed too small to do the job, but it does do the job. It has a really cool travel bag and is quite portable.
I don't mind, he brings me beer. Sounds like a great present for a birthday to groom his epic beard.

Received my Kent MC4 Travel brush today. Took 2 weeks on the nose from the UK to me in "flyover country."
The size is perfect as it fits nicely in my palm and small enough to be carried out and about daily. The white pure boar bristles are neither too soft nor too firm. Just right for my beard and a great combo with my Kent SOT combs. Typical excellent Kent quality and highly recommended.

As an aside the vintage boar paddle brush I have gave up some info under magnification despite the heavy erosion of the rich dark wood's lacquer finish: "Made in West Germany." Beyond that, as previously posted, no clue as to maker. But it has served me extremely well over the decades.

I'm quite tempted to get one, sounds like a worthwhile investment.

Please give feedback when you have tested it.

A question about boar hair brushes, are they supposed to be really stiff? Like I mean almost painful if not used on beard.

These bristles are extremely soft and ergonomic on the beard.

See post #24

These bristles are extremely soft and ergonomic on the beard.

See post #24

I read that but somehow I still imagined it was quite tough. I seriously doubt that my current brush is boar hair now since it feels very stiff. Gah, was hoping not to spend any money on brushes of any kind (been thinking about a badger for shaving aswell).
Thanks for the clarification.

I read that but somehow I still imagined it was quite tough. I seriously doubt that my current brush is boar hair now since it feels very stiff. Gah, was hoping not to spend any money on brushes of any kind (been thinking about a badger for shaving aswell).

Beard on!

No worries. I noticed your post was directed to another member and I hope he does give some feedback when he tries it out. I am very happy with the brush thus far.

Top Bottom