What's new

Kenneth Cole Blue-good summertime citrus/marine juice

I stumbled onto KC Blue recently at the local Gordmans, a trendy off-price store. Intrigued, I studied up on this cologne on Fragrantica and Basenotes, and decided to pick up a bottle next time I was in the area of the store. Having worn this twice, it is perfect for summer if you like citrus, marine and salty notes. It begins with a blast of lemon and pineapple, then morphs into salty and oceanic notes, and those go with the citrus just fine. It gradually fades into a cedar and musk base. All told, I am pleased with the newbie. I also own Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue and a small decant of D&G Light Blue Intense. Both of these are citrus/marine scents. The KC Blue fits in the middle of those two, the original Light Blue is a bit mild, while the Intense is a citrus/marine nuclear bomb. To me the KC Blue gives better scent life and performance than D&G Light Blue. For you guys that like citrusy stuff for the summer, KC Blue is good stuff for a $20 bill

Attachments

• 20190619_141636.jpg
    20190619_141636.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Good to know, thank you!

I recently picked up several summertime small bottles including Versace Dylan Blue (which went to the top of the list), Azzaro Chrome, and Givenchy Insense Ultramarine. I also had a sample of "Kenneth Cole for Men", but I PIFed it to a friend because it was a little too generic for me. I need a little spice or something unusual thrown in there or I feel like I'm wearing someone else's cologne!

How does the KC Blue perform for you? Do you find it unique?

I stumbled onto KC Blue recently at the local Gordmans, a trendy off-price store. Intrigued, I studied up on this cologne on Fragrantica and Basenotes, and decided to pick up a bottle next time I was in the area of the store. Having worn this twice, it is perfect for summer if you like citrus, marine and salty notes. It begins with a blast of lemon and pineapple, then morphs into salty and oceanic notes, and those go with the citrus just fine. It gradually fades into a cedar and musk base. All told, I am pleased with the newbie. I also own Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue and a small decant of D&G Light Blue Intense. Both of these are citrus/marine scents. The KC Blue fits in the middle of those two, the original Light Blue is a bit mild, while the Intense is a citrus/marine nuclear bomb. To me the KC Blue gives better scent life and performance than D&G Light Blue. For you guys that like citrusy stuff for the summer, KC Blue is good stuff for a $20 bill
So far, impressive, like "where have you been all my life?" I have worn Kenneth Cole Blue three times now, I like it more each time I wear it. If you are familiar with Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue, then you now have an idea what KC Blue is like. I like D&G Light Blue, but I prefer the Kenneth Cole now. It is stronger scented, more citrus tang and salty marine up top. Those two notes are blended well. Take a whiff of your skin where applied, it is potent at first, back away a foot and the scent is smoother and aromatic, very nice indeed. After a few hours, mild woods and amber/musk are dominant, but you can still pick up the citrus and salty marine notes. Longevity is in the 4-6 hour range on me. For me, the strength of the citrus/marine scent upon application and the remnants of those notes evident a few hours later put KC Blue ahead of DG Light Blue. DG Light Blue has a time and place for me, but KC Blue will be worn in more casual settings. The fragrance was influenced by the Meditteranian Sea. If the French Riviera or the coast of Sicily have the air presented by KC Blue, I could spend a lot of time there. Will be interesting to see how colder times of the year affect this fragrance.

Top Bottom