What's new

Ken Surfs -

Oh gosh, here we go..!
upload_2019-3-8_6-18-18.gif

Oops, The Captain has stepped in it and didn't even see it coming. I think Ken does a great job and would love to have him as a neighbor. We are all experts since we have been at this wet shaving thing for a while. The difference is that Ken has a channel and the bonus is that he comes off as a naturally friendly guy. I ought to have said he is an expert with a channel. :thumbup1:

He clearly said an expert, not the expert. Not sure why it would rub you wrong the way.

Many of us committed to buying these bowls before they were even released and have advocated for them in various shaving forums, Facebook, Reddit groups and have been doing so for the several months that we have had them.

I understand why @Captain Pre-Capsize would be pleased to see his product gain additional exposure from a You Tube reviewer, but I took the wording to mean that now after all this time they have been released, an expert is now weighing in.

I watch some of Ken Surfs videos and he seems like a nice guy, so nothing against him at all. But he is not an expert to my shaving situation and tastes. If he was that influential, we would all be soaking our brushes in crystal skulls.

And, by the way, I am not the only one to be rubbed the wrong way. But, no grudges, let's move on and back to productive shaving discussion.

Many of us committed to buying these bowls before they were even released and have advocated for them in various shaving forums, Facebook, Reddit groups and have been doing so for the several months that we have had them.

I understand why @Captain Pre-Capsize would be pleased to see his product gain additional exposure from a You Tube reviewer, but I took the wording to mean that now after all this time they have been released, an expert is now weighing in.

I watch some of Ken Surfs videos and he seems like a nice guy, so nothing against him at all. But he is not an expert to my shaving situation and tastes. If he was that influential, we would all be soaking our brushes in crystal skulls.

And, by the way, I am not the only one to be rubbed the wrong way. But, no grudges, let's move on and back to productive shaving discussion.

So you wish he would have asked you? That’s the only solution that seems adequate from your response. Again, he didn’t say the expert on shaving. Or an expert at last is weighing in. He literally said from an expert. No one should be rubbed the wrong way from a video and one sentence, that’s so crazy lol. Even on a shaving forum you must be careful what you say, wow. It’s a shaving bowl..

I'm starting think some people just like being butt hurt. In this situation, which I'm pretty sure the @Captain Pre-Capsize was just being silly and bringing attention to his products review from a popular YouTuber. Ken Surfs has never said he was an expert at shaving. It's his hobby and he enjoys it. If you are butt hurt I have four questions for you?

1. What's your YouTube Channel?
2. How many followers do you have?
3. What shaving company do you own?
4. What's your sales figures?

If you can't say yes to any of the above questions you're just butt hurt to be butt hurt.

I think some posters here owe an apology to @Captain Pre-Capsize and Ken Surfs. I believe he is on here, some where. I just don't know his chops for this forum.

One thing bears remembering @BigD, @dundak, @Neil4Real, @boilerphan, @fast shaver, @bigjeffb, @Yoteboy, @jmudrick, @ajkel64. We are thankful for all of our customers out there and youtube plays a role in helping a small business promote itself. I fully intend to post new threads from youtube and the experts that review our products. And I will call them experts since they are more of an expert than I. Why do I say this? Quite simply, they try a lot more products from a plethora of manufacturers than I do. That makes them an expert in my book.

Another aspect is that as a vendor we pay $500.00/year to have our own sub-forum on B&B which is another tool for a small business. Vendors are an important revenue stream for B&B so it can continue to be the helpful forum that it is. Because we pay for it we have discretion to post threads that are commercial in nature - that is the whole idea of vendors having their own sub-forum. We also have discretion to edit and have posts removed from any of our threads since it is our own sub-forum. You will note that I haven't done this because in my opinion it has remained civil and civil discourse is what B&B is all about. But some posts bump right up against being unnecessarily provocative and that is not what I am about - life is too short.

My hope is that this gives us all a better understanding from the viewpoint of a vendor. In the end, it is just shaving and a fun hobby to explore and share with others. We won't all agree with the experts online and we don't have to, there are others to watch and listen to.

Shave ON! :thumbsup:

My replay
One thing bears remembering @BigD, @dundak, @Neil4Real, @boilerphan, @fast shaver, @bigjeffb, @Yoteboy, @jmudrick, @ajkel64. We are thankful for all of our customers out there and youtube plays a role in helping a small business promote itself. I fully intend to post new threads from youtube and the experts that review our products. And I will call them experts since they are more of an expert than I. Why do I say this? Quite simply, they try a lot more products from a plethora of manufacturers than I do. That makes them an expert in my book.

Another aspect is that as a vendor we pay $500.00/year to have our own sub-forum on B&B which is another tool for a small business. Vendors are an important revenue stream for B&B so it can continue to be the helpful forum that it is. Because we pay for it we have discretion to post threads that are commercial in nature - that is the whole idea of vendors having their own sub-forum. We also have discretion to edit and have posts removed from any of our threads since it is our own sub-forum. You will note that I haven't done this because in my opinion it has remained civil and civil discourse is what B&B is all about. But some posts bump right up against being unnecessarily provocative and that is not what I am about - life is too short.

My hope is that this gives us all a better understanding from the viewpoint of a vendor. In the end, it is just shaving and a fun hobby to explore and share with others. We won't all agree with the experts online and we don't have to, there are others to watch and listen to.

Shave ON! :thumbsup:

My sarcastic reply was not directed at you or your product but at the apparent participants of the Amish rake fight starting to break out. I have used and like your products but people were getting all gangsta over a bowl and who should be an authority over it's usefulness. I don't know surfing Ken, have not watched any videos by him and avoid shaving videos in general. I admit the thread made me go check out your website to see the bowl in question. Be nice if you could make smaller ones that just hold a puck of soap and are stackable. Definite buy in for that since I don't bowl lather. No harm intended.

Expert - a person who is very knowledgeable about or skillful in a particular area. (the dictionary)

I consider Ken a knowledgeable reviewer because of his immensely large and diverse direct experience with shaving products. But more importantly because he's an actual user/shaver just like all of us here. He's not a copywriter that shaves with Norelco OneBlade but writes fancy articles about DE shaving on grooming websites. I can say the same about IamCDB, Another Cut Above, PaulH, KevyShaves etc.

But seriously guys, it's just a shaving bowl, not a pyramid scheme FFS. :lol1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom