What's new

Keeping the factory satin finish when sanding a NOS razor

Hi
I have been thinking of ideas to keep the original satin finish - when sanding light rust off of them. I have tried hand sanding and its impossible to keep the factory satin finish. I don't have a tumbler. I was thinking of using this: a sheet sander ac57ced6-6927-4384-ba48-770bfc1b4b33_2.7247375267d29dfd8bb45ee6b319079d.jpeg
Is has a foam bottom - so maybe one can get some wooden dowels and wrap them in the thin tool box rubber lining (so you would have 'give' when sanding.) after you wrap/tape on thin rubber around the dowel - then attach the sandpaper to the dowel - then tape the dowel to the sheet sander machine.
I wander if this will work? I will find out latter today!

I have 320 grit on mine but it is now well worn lol but mine is the parkside dragster and the belts for mine is
75 x 457 Aluminium oxide Sanding Belts p320 grit

take in to account the person does not know how to use it as the handle needs to be flat before you drop the cover down at the front and then you can mount it to a bench

Last edited:
The question to ask first before belt sanding the thing or whatever is is it an overall matte type finish or can you see very fine lines in the finish?
Whatever you do don’t use the jig type sander.
BTW you can do a nice satiny finish with sandpaper.

Top Bottom