What's new

Keeping Razor Heads Correctly Sorted and Paired

With the exception of razor cap plates that have a logo, name, or design etched on them, most cap and baseplates look the same.

if you switch cap and baseplate from handle to handle, how do you keep them correctly paired?

I sure wish manufacturers would label the inside/underside so we knew which baseplate is correctly paired with which cap.

:a6:You've created a problem where none exists. But since you asked:
  1. Remove handle A from razor A.
  2. Remove handle B from razor B.
  3. Install handle B on razor A.
  4. Install handle A on razor B.

:a6:You've created a problem where none exists. But since you asked:
  1. Remove handle A from razor A.
  2. Remove handle B from razor B.
  3. Install handle B on razor A.
  4. Install handle A on razor B.

:):)

Okay, let me re-phrase.

What if you decide to mix base plates and caps? How do you then get them back to original pairing?

Yeah, maybe ov thinking...just curious if someone has a system or solution. If you have more razor heads than handles, something's gonna be stored.

How many razors do you have that this is a big problem?
proxy.php

If it is important to you to keep original pieces together, then when you finish using whatever mix you put together, then replace things back in their original place. That way you only have to remember two razors' worth of components, and only for as long as the shave. Right?
Alternately, if you end up liking the pairing of Handle X with Head Y better than the original pairing, then just leave it that way. We all do wacky things. Nobody is grading you on it, I promise. :thumbsup:

If it is important to you to keep original pieces together, then when you finish using whatever mix you put together, then replace things back in their original place. That way you only have to remember two razors' worth of components, and only for as long as the shave. Right?
Alternately, if you end up liking the pairing of Handle X with Head Y better than the original pairing, then just leave it that way. We all do wacky things. Nobody is grading you on it, I promise. :thumbsup:

Thanks.:)

Again, I was just curious. It is a no-brainer, but if ya don't ask, ya never know.:)

Mark; A dot of colored Testor's enamel paint, corresponding to the correctly mated razor part such as the handle, cap, and base plate of the original razor, allowed to bake in the oven, will withstand whatever you want to through its way. One complete razor has blue dots, another complete and original razor has red dots on all of its pieces. Mix them into whatever combination you prefer, and return them to their original configuration by matching colored parts. Machinists used to disassemble racing engines this way, or punch markings, which I do not recommend on your razors Mark. Remove the hardened paint dots with gasoline or paint thinner, then clean the razor with an old toothbrush and dish washing hand soap. Easy- peasy Sir! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Painting Matching Engine Parts.jpg

I don't mix and match parts. I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable permanently marking pieces. I collect razors to use, but don't think that I'd buy one that had been modified by an owner. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom