What's new

Keeping lather warm

How do you keep your lather warm? Im looking for a good hassle free way to keep my lather warm without spending $40 on a scuttle. Any suggestions?

I've been through a dozen or more jury-rigged solutions for lather mixing and warming ... none of them really work like I want them to.

After quite a lot of research, I placed an order for a DirtyBird Brush Scuttle and lather bowl. It should arrive in a few days.

What led me to choose this particular product were the numerous reviews here on B&B. Every reviewer gave it a unanimous "10" in every category.

It was designed from the ground up for the sole purpose of shaving. Finally, I'll have the right tool for the job.

Making sure that my lather is warm is pretty much the most important part of my shave. And while the scuttles most members have on B&B are pretty cool and nice, I wanted to take warm lather to the NEXT LEVEL. So I grabbed by crock pot set it on medium and just lather in there. The cool thing about it is that my lather tastes like the last thing I made in the crock pot; not to mention that the lather stays at the perfect temperature. Kitchen gear, it's not just for dinner anymore.

Making sure that my lather is warm is pretty much the most important part of my shave. And while the scuttles most members have on B&B are pretty cool and nice, I wanted to take warm lather to the NEXT LEVEL. So I grabbed by crock pot set it on medium and just lather in there. The cool thing about it is that my lather tastes like the last thing I made in the crock pot; not to mention that the lather stays at the perfect temperature. Kitchen gear, it's not just for dinner anymore.
Lol i dont think i have enough counter space in my bathroom to haul the crock pot in there. Wait, maybe ill just shave in the kitchen

I went through a lot of trial and error to end up with two bowls. A smaller, taller one is the one I put my brush in (I charge my brush with soap and face lather). A shallower, bigger bowl half-filled with hot water is the one I put the other bowl in. I leave the water bowl in the sink-filled with hot water until I'm done face lathering. Very warm lather on my second and last pass.

I've stopped using a hot pot for the hot water bowl. My tap hot water is hot enough.

Good luck!

Steve

Top Bottom