What's new

Keeping Hearing Aids Dry

I have new hearing aids. Very happy with them, wife even more.
Maybe audiologist sufficiently scared me about keeping them dry. It’s now raining and I’m wondering what style of hat to wear to keep aids dry.
Does a ball cap work? Or?
Thanks!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Maybe a knit pullover like a watch cap, or at minimum, something with a full brim.
I don't think a ball cap would do anything for you unless you wore two of them sideways.
An umbrella and staying out of a downpour seems like the best advice.

9255608751_f163387542_b.jpg

From what I've read, the concern is not just from rain, but sweat from physical activity.
In that case, the recommendation is commercially availabe water proof coverings,
maxresdefault.jpg

and a hearing aid drying system, either electronic or dessicant based.
510C-thnalL._AC_SX679_.jpg
41tbdLbP20L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
For casual I would choose a Tilley, for something more formal perhaps a fedora. How about a picture in the hat of the day thread when you decide?

I've accidentally stepped in the shower with mine on, realized quickly and removed them, with no ill effects. i did towel them dry, tho'.

On another note. Soooo, I'm guessing the sports boonie for topcover protection...and red fish for right hearing aid drying...and white for left, or...? Personally, I rock a Hawaiian shirt with my Panama Jack hat. That leaves me with an inconspicuous shirt tail on either side for hearing aids or glasses lenses.:biggrin:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Been wearing hearing aids for more than 50 years. Never gave rain or sweat a thought; never had any problems. My first--purchased in 1966--lasted me more than 35 years.

Top Bottom