What's new

Keeping blades in a closed can

Won't hurt a thing. In fact it's always a good idea to protect blades to the extent possible from environmental factors that might cause them to deteriorate over time.

I don't think it makes any difference. Except for the carbon steel blades, modern razor blades are practically indestructible.

I keep my individual tucks in a wooden cigar box and my 100 packs in a ziplock bag. Both in my bedroom away from too much moisture in the bathroom.

Keep them in a pyramid. Increases the sharpness over time.
This is only half the truth. The pyramid must be scaled in size to the great pyramid, it must be made of bronze or gold, it must be aligned exactly 27.129 degrees east of magnetic north, and it must be blessed with unicorn hair or Sasquatch flatus. Anything else causes blades to dull, so if it's not working then you obviously haven't done it correctly.

This is only half the truth. The pyramid must be scaled in size to the great pyramid, it must be made of bronze or gold, it must be aligned exactly 27.129 degrees east of magnetic north, and it must be blessed with unicorn hair or Sasquatch flatus. Anything else causes blades to dull, so if it's not working then you obviously haven't done it correctly.

So true, Andrew. Super important details.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
All of us who remember are showing our age.
Come on guy's pyramid power is so yesterday. Get up to speed now all you need is:
0bdb2bf47b90ac4c55eb967ad2dd4e9b.jpg SP-Sensor.jpg
Simply place this Flanigan Sensor II Pendant over your blades and your good to go. It's a circle so no alignment issues...though blessing it with Sasquatch flatus can't hurt...ah there is still something to be said about the old tried and true.

I keep my unopened tucks in a quiet corner of the living room - partly because the living room is the warmest, driest room in winter and the best ventilated room in summer, but mainly because there's not enough space in the bathroom.

I keep my open tucks in a plastic box with some silica gel sachets to keep them dry - I can fit 25+
20160723_105424.jpg
tucks in there
20160723_105401.jpg

I keep my loose blades in a little tin with a hinged lid. It cost me about €3 in a Spar shop in Palmanova, they had around 10 different designs based on advertising posters from the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s & 60s
Unfortunately there was nothing shaving related, so I chose the Mini.
I lined the bottom of the tin with a few grains of dry rice to absorb any moisture.
I can easily fit a month's supply of blades in there
20160327_114852.jpg
20160327_114905.jpg

Top Bottom