What's new

Keep it in the Clown House: comical thread hijackings and ... oh look, pancake bunny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Guys, guys, guys ...

I like a good :lol: as much as the next guy. Maybe not as much as you lot with your Cheddar Curtains and penguin-computers, and the freakish ability to recide the entire "stan the man" thread from memory ... :blink:

But ... I've been noticing of late that more and more threads outside of the clown house have been getting ... well, to say the threads have been hijacked is an understatement. (Hijacking a thread, to me, is about changing the subject a bit to something you want to discuss ... a thread about which TOBS cream smells best, and you wanna know which brush works best with creams ... that sort of thing.)

No, what I'm seeing is a couple of 'the clown house regulars' show up in that thread, and right in the middle of it morph it into the continuation of some TAT-ish clownhouse conversation they were having somewhere else. :001_huh:

Guys, please.

If a couple of shave-geeks want to have an esoteric discussion about which lime shave soap has the most noticeable notes of sandalwood, or take turns counting the hairs in their 2-band Persian Jars and compare them to the hairs in their 3-band Persian Jars ... by all means, please let them continue.

Personally, I like knowing that the Clown House is part of B&B, that you guys have a place to make donkeys out of yourselves to the general amusement of all who wander by ... but please try to keep the spill-over into other areas of B&B to a minimum.

... and yes, I realise that the likelihood of this thread staying on-topic for more than about 3 posts is about ... oh ... 0% :lol:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for the reminder Ian!

p.s. Still on topic at this stage! :thumbup1:

I was thinking the same thing recently about a lot of the threads I've been reading.
Often if the thread is started with a particular question I find that it's been hijacked after the OP has gotten a satisfactory answer to their problem, which I guess is at least something.
However I have read some threads where I've felt bad for the OP because they may have wanted to chat more in-depth about the original topic and well, once someone's pushed the thread off the rails and on it's way to looney-town, there's little to no chance of getting it back on track.
I myself have joined in on some of these threads (though only once clown-house-dom has been confirmed as inevitable) but even at that this reminder is good for everyone, myself included.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Let's just say, it's the Vegas Rule (as I read somewhere else)...

What happens in the Clown House stays in the Clown House!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You know, there are worse things that can happen to a person than no clown house.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcPgxQkcIVs[/YOUTUBE]

You got a bee on a you head.

Guys, guys, guys ...

I like a good :lol: as much as the next guy. Maybe not as much as you lot with your Cheddar Curtains and penguin-computers, and the freakish ability to recide the entire "stan the man" thread from memory ... :blink:

But ... I've been noticing of late that more and more threads outside of the clown house have been getting ... well, to say the threads have been hijacked is an understatement. (Hijacking a thread, to me, is about changing the subject a bit to something you want to discuss ... a thread about which TOBS cream smells best, and you wanna know which brush works best with creams ... that sort of thing.)

No, what I'm seeing is a couple of 'the clown house regulars' show up in that thread, and right in the middle of it morph it into the continuation of some TAT-ish clownhouse conversation they were having somewhere else. :001_huh:

Guys, please.

If a couple of shave-geeks want to have an esoteric discussion about which lime shave soap has the most noticeable notes of sandalwood, or take turns counting the hairs in their 2-band Persian Jars and compare them to the hairs in their 3-band Persian Jars ... by all means, please let them continue.

Personally, I like knowing that the Clown House is part of B&B, that you guys have a place to make donkeys out of yourselves to the general amusement of all who wander by ... but please try to keep the spill-over into other areas of B&B to a minimum.

... and yes, I realise that the likelihood of this thread staying on-topic for more than about 3 posts is about ... oh ... 0% :lol:

Canadian Maple syrup is neither Canadian nor maple nor syrup. Discuss.

(but, point taken, Ian)

Oh, and Cheddar Forever. It's the cheesiest!

Last edited:
Yes, sir, Mr. Moderator, sir.
proxy.php

Now on to more important matters, Canadian Maple Syrup that isn't. Is it water? :blink:

Oh, and no worries, Ian. I don't wander out of the loony bin often these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom