What's new

Keep it in the Clown House: comical thread hijackings and ... oh look, pancake bunny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I thought. The usual suspects. :sneaky2:

proxy.php

Hold on just a dog gone minute! Why does the Clown House get the short shrift here?

And I'm not talking about Swampfox's short kilt, either! (Uh, just how short is it, Ray? On second thought, never mind, that will surely elicit comments that I don't want to read, probably derail the thread, and possibly cause another CT that could be worse...).

But back to the original topic....what was it again? Oh, yeah, no derailing topics except in the Clown House. EXCEPT IN THE CLOWN HOUSE!!! Why is the Clown House left fair game to whoever wants to come along and derail a topic? We may have a great thread going with humorous overtones, possibly even with humor as the primary purpose of the thread, and the next thing you know, someone starts talking about razors and stuff, even with pictures!

Don't laugh, it's happened before! Up til now, we've been able to keep this in check with a few gentle reminders, but now the entire site knows, if you want to derail a thread, just go to the Clown House! You can't do it outside the Clown House, oh noooo, but inside the Clown House, it's free game. This really burns my bacon! Bacon....bacon.....didn't someone say something about pancakes and bacon? Weren't there pics?

Wow! I've never seen bacon IN the pancakes before! That looks delicious! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Hold on just a dog gone minute! Why does the Clown House get the short shrift here?

And I'm not talking about Swampfox's short kilt, either! (Uh, just how short is it, Ray? On second thought, never mind, that will surely elicit comments that I don't want to read, probably derail the thread, and possibly cause another CT that could be worse...).

But back to the original topic....what was it again? Oh, yeah, no derailing topics except in the Clown House. EXCEPT IN THE CLOWN HOUSE!!! Why is the Clown House left fair game to whoever wants to come along and derail a topic? We may have a great thread going with humorous overtones, possibly even with humor as the primary purpose of the thread, and the next thing you know, someone starts talking about razors and stuff, even with pictures!

Don't laugh, it's happened before! Up til now, we've been able to keep this in check with a few gentle reminders, but now the entire site knows, if you want to derail a thread, just go to the Clown House! You can't do it outside the Clown House, oh noooo, but inside the Clown House, it's free game. This really burns my bacon! Bacon....bacon.....didn't someone say something about pancakes and bacon? Weren't there pics?

Wow! I've never seen bacon IN the pancakes before! That looks delicious! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I agree with Randy, bacon pancakes are great looking.

with this reminder in effect should all threads on williams now be posted in the clownhouse?

I agree with Randy, bacon pancakes are great looking.

with this reminder in effect should all threads on williams now be posted in the clownhouse?

Careful Darren, my friend! Unless you're talking about Vanessa Williams, this could easily get derailed into a discussion of shaving soap!

OK so I know the picture 'says' its Vanessa Williams but that doesn't look like her to me. Is there more than one V. Williams? :blink:

Randy, be sure that this is only discussed in the Williams vs Williams thread.
We don't want to be accused of hijacking threads! :001_rolle

Hijacking threads? That sure comes from out of left field. Speaking of left field, there's nothing like watching 7-year olds play baseball, like we did this morning, and watching the outfielders who feel like their in Siberia because nobody ever hits the ball out there. They stand out there kicking ant hills, swatting butterfies, pretty much doing anything except paying attention to the ball game. And that's what we have to do here, pay attention to the game. So yes, no hijacking threads. Let's pay close attention to Vanessa Williams. :thumbup1:

Mr. Crafty and I laughed so hard we almost woke up the kids. Again. Thanks, guys. You know who you are. The same ones that usually cause us to wake up our children.

Shame on you.

(but awesomesauce to the op for disciplining the naughty clownhouse in a way befitting their clownliness.)

and did anyone else notice he called us donkeys?

Mr. Crafty and I laughed so hard we almost woke up the kids. Again. Thanks, guys. You know who you are. The same ones that usually cause us to wake up our children.

Shame on you.

(but awesomesauce to the op for disciplining the naughty clownhouse in a way befitting their clownliness.)

and did anyone else notice he called us donkeys?
+1 They made me laugh, too! I laughed so hard I almost woke up the kids next door.

And as for the discipline, yes, a little spanking every once in a while is, uh, well, not that there's anything wrong with that. :blushing:

I was proud of our guys for not taking the donkey bait. I think the OP was just testing our guys to see if they would use that to drive the thread off the track, to prove their point. Way to go, you guys! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

+1 They made me laugh, too! I laughed so hard I almost woke up the kids next door.

And as for the discipline, yes, a little spanking every once in a while is, uh, well, not that there's anything wrong with that. :blushing:

I was proud of our guys for not taking the donkey bait. I think the OP was just testing our guys to see if they would use that to drive the thread off the track, to prove their point. Way to go, you guys! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Does that mean I failed? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom