“Keep Cool and Green” August 2022

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Born in
Three Generations
Of Italian
Pride

20220819_152157.jpg

While I've shaved with Proraso green (and sandalwood) in the past as well as this month, I'd never used the standard balm or green splash and got them yesterday. So while I didn't use Proraso for the lather, I did use both the rinse and balm for two days in a row. VERY different from what I'm used to (Brit stuff and Old Spice along with a couple unscented balms that are not specifically for shaving) but quite enjoyable. I can't put my finger on the scent but it almost seems to evolve over a few hours (in a pleasing way). Glad I picked them up.

While I've shaved with Proraso green (and sandalwood) in the past as well as this month, I'd never used the standard balm or green splash and got them yesterday. So while I didn't use Proraso for the lather, I did use both the rinse and balm for two days in a row. VERY different from what I'm used to (Brit stuff and Old Spice along with a couple unscented balms that are not specifically for shaving) but quite enjoyable. I can't put my finger on the scent but it almost seems to evolve over a few hours (in a pleasing way). Glad I picked them up.
The green splash is one of my favorites.

Well, I'm very late to the game. Seems like it could be a good time for Pears followed by Skin Bracer, Lime Sec, or Citrus Musk.
You’re welcome to join late! Feel free to post your SOTD tomorrow or anytime the rest of August.

You’re welcome to join late! Feel free to post your SOTD tomorrow or anytime the rest of August.

I'm a night shaver, so here goes!

SOTD:
Pears glycerine soap, more of an orangy color, but oh! that fantastic green rosemary scent. I wouldn't recommend this as a shave soap. Not yet. It face lathers well, but that lather dries up and is gone in no time flat. Bowl lathering has yet to produce more than a dense froth.
Citrus Musk AS. Nuff said, but let me expound.
Ahem.
It's good stuff.

Other bits:
RR SLOC with an Astra blade. Good combo, but too mild with the weak, dry lather and daily shave, so I got some irritation trying to clean up. Probably will stick to the Mission for now, if shaving daily.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For today's shave the Ever-Green Trio is: pre-shave, soap and aftershave lotion.

Now, the question I have already answered hundreds of times over the years: "Is Proraso soap exactly the same as Proraso cream?" The answer: "Yes, it is". The sole difference between the two is the water content, which makes the soap denser (less water) and the cream softer (more water). Other than that they are identical. You can choose one or the other, or simply enjoy both. Personally, I like the cream more. For two main reasons: 1. The packaging with metal tube is definitely more Old School, cool and eye-catching 2. It's what the Italian Master Barbers have been using for generations.

VIVA PRORASO! VIVA L'ITALIA!

For today's shave the Ever-Green Trio is: pre-shave, soap and aftershave lotion.

Now, the question I have already answered hundreds of times over the years: "Is Proraso soap exactly the same as Proraso cream?" The answer: "Yes, it is". The sole difference between the two is the water content, which makes the soap denser (less water) and the cream softer (more water). Other than that they are identical. You can choose one or the other, or simply enjoy both. Personally, I like the cream more. For two main reasons: 1. The packaging with metal tube is definitely more Old School, cool and eye-catching 2. It's what the Italian Master Barbers have been using for generations.

VIVA PRORASO! VIVA L'ITALIA!
I prefer the tube as well.

Top Bottom