What's new

KC11's Entry to the Hall of Fame

What is your real name?
Ken

What are your nicknames/aliases?
Ken, Most of the other things I'm sometimes called are not family friendly, lol.

Where do you live?
Ohio

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
An RN, I own a home health nursing agency.

What is your favorite shave setup?
recently got a Timeless ss.I have a .95 scalloped base that i'm using now and a .68 sb on the way. trying a variety of blades and brushes now, to early to pick a fav.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Number 1 hobby is Sporting clays, I shoot every week.. Also like golf when time permits, and I like pocket knives.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Have a wonderful wife and son.

Howdy Ken, I guess I need to get around to posting a HOF myself.

I'm also in Ohio, and am definitely a knife nut. Love fellow Buckeye state produced Hinderers, as well as Emerson's, Chris Reeve's, Spydies, Medfords, Shiro's - any well made modern folder pretty much.

Howdy Ken, I guess I need to get around to posting a HOF myself.

I'm also in Ohio, and am definitely a knife nut. Love fellow Buckeye state produced Hinderers, as well as Emerson's, Chris Reeve's, Spydies, Medfords, Shiro's - any well made modern folder pretty much.

The knife nut in me has been going a little crazy lately. Im into many of the brands you listed. I have hinderer's half track and just bought my first xm-18 3.5, which should be here in a couple days. I don't know what size knife you prefer but if you haven't checked out Hogue lately they are making some good stuff. I picked up a Deka and the new Ritter mini (from KW) and they are amazing.

Congrats on the Hinderer purchase, you'll be impressed - I'm a huge XM fan - I've had multiples of all 3 sizes. I still have my favorite, a Gen3 3.5" Spanto non-flipper in sterile CPM-20CV:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is a Gen4 working finish spanto hanging out with a M.STRIDER SnG Fatty
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here are XM's in all three sizes, from 4" XM24 to 3.5" and 3" XM18's
proxy.php

proxy.php

And one with my namesake Officers Match Colt Customshop 1911
proxy.php

Last edited:
My most recent acquisition is a Microtech Socom Elite Auto, and I am very impressed with it. Unbelievably thin behind the edge - I mic'd it at 16 thousands. Kicks like the proverbial mule.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Don't know where to start.Simply awesome. I never had an auto other than a flea market 30 some yrs ago when I was 18. That bolster scale on the 3.5 is perfection and Colt's are my guilty pleasure. But I have to admit, The fact you have a Spanto non-flipper makes me green with envy, kinda hate you right now LOL. My 3.5 is due monday and I actually spoke with hinderer's office today. I ordered a very special ( well special to me) engraved Ti scale for the 3.5. My hope is to move it over to a non-flipper some day. I don't have any problem with the flippers, I just want that one. Awesome blades.

Top Bottom