What's new

Kaweco Sport eyedropper

I received my Kaweco Sport a week ago and have been meaning to snap ago few photos.

Alas, my oxblood ink arrived today so I figured what the heck, let's get rid of that tiny cartridge and make an eyedropper out of her.

So far so good!

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1420752593546.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1420752593546.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 79
Alex, did you use silicone grease on the threads or an O-ring (or both)? My Kaweco Ice Sport works great as an eyedropper with just a little grease on the threads...never leaked a drop, despite riding around in my jeans pocket all day.

Alex, did you use silicone grease on the threads or an O-ring (or both)? My Kaweco Ice Sport works great as an eyedropper with just a little grease on the threads...never leaked a drop, despite riding around in my jeans pocket all day.
I used some silicone grease. I was considering the use of an o ring, but thought id seehow the grease did alone.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I have several which I have had eyedroppered for a long time & lots of use, only with silicone grease, and no leakage problems whatsoever.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Pilot 78g is a good one.

More expensively, the pens from Edison Pens are good candidates.

I'm a newbie to fountain pens and loving them. What does it mean to eyedropper a pen? I actually just received a Kaweco sport in a trade and haven't used it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a newbie to fountain pens and loving them. What does it mean to eyedropper a pen? I actually just received a Kaweco sport in a trade and haven't used it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
instead of putting a cart of ink in, you use some silicone grease to seal the threads from the grip to the bottle amd fill ink (with an eyedropper) directly into the body of the pen to increase capacity

Top Bottom