What's new

Kaweco pearl black too dry?

Hi guys. I've recently bought a pack of 6 kaweco international cartridges in their pearl black for my sport pens. The problem is the first cartridge was very loose when fitted in to my AL sport and my plastic sports and the second one I tried while it fitted ok seemed not to flow very well, leaving me with dry spots and sometimes no ink at all. I've flushed / diss assembled my regular AL sport as I was using black quink (no problems at all) but even after this it's a no go. Back with the quink and absolutely no issues. Just for info I use an older international cartridge syringed filled with the quink.

I've also used a no brand cheap black ink cartridge with no issues.

What I'm asking is do you think I've just got some poor cartridges or is Kaweco cartridge ink some way drier or thicker than bottled ink?

PS got some hero black bottled ink coming in the the festive season.

I got a Kaweco blue cart with my pen and it flows well. That’s the totality of my experience with their carts. I bought the pens (XF then a F) to eyedropper and pocket. Neither worked well with my iron galls, and the XF had serious flow issues with non-IG inks too. Too dry, to dripping out of the nib. I’ve been dissatisfied with both to the point of parking them. Still have the Kaweco cart in the F.

I got a Kaweco blue cart with my pen and it flows well. That’s the totality of my experience with their carts. I bought the pens (XF then a F) to eyedropper and pocket. Neither worked well with my iron galls, and the XF had serious flow issues with non-IG inks too. Too dry, to dripping out of the nib. I’ve been dissatisfied with both to the point of parking them. Still have the Kaweco cart in the F.

Funnily enough the Kaweco supplied blue cartridges seemed to fit pretty well and work ok too. Must be a bad batch of cartridges. No buggy as they're only a few quid to buy her in the UK so no great loss.

I picked up the mini cart converter when I bought mine, so I've been using Iroshizuku ink in mine with a fine nib, and no issues with it at all. Surprised to hear of anyone having trouble with them after converting them to an eye dropper. I read a lot of reviews before buying one, and can't recall a single negative one.

Top Bottom