What's new

Kaweco Bordeaux

Got my red ICE sport last week, and it's great. Looking into throwing a "bordeaux" sport in on my next order, but i can't for the life of me figure out what the "bordeaux plastic" is :confused1
Anybody have any insight?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
We'll get nasty letters (in french) from both the Bordeaux Wine Merchants Association and the Vintners of Burgundy Council if we don't make abundantly clear that 'bordeaux' and 'burgundy' are registered trademarks of the respective Appelations Controlee' of the two wines, and can be used only in reference to the wines of the respective demarcated regions.

More to the point, the two wines look differently. Burgundy (from the Pinot Noir grape) is a plummy, purple colour, while bordeaux (whether from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec or Petit Verdot) is much more of a bright, brick-red colour.

... whew. lawsuit avoided.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
We'll get nasty letters (in french) from both the Bordeaux Wine Merchants Association and the Vintners of Burgundy Council if we don't make abundantly clear that 'bordeaux' and 'burgundy' are registered trademarks of the respective Appelations Controlee' of the two wines, and can be used only in reference to the wines of the respective demarcated regions.

More to the point, the two wines look differently. Burgundy (from the Pinot Noir grape) is a plummy, purple colour, while bordeaux (whether from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec or Petit Verdot) is much more of a bright, brick-red colour.

... whew. lawsuit avoided.

My bad! What a moroon.

Top Bottom