What's new

FS Karve Stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling my Karve Stainless with SB-E and OC-C plates. It's a wonderful razor, and it pains me to have to let it go, but I need funds for family matters.

Has been used less than 10 times, and has been meticulously cared for (like I do with all of my gear). Comes complete with box and some free blades.

EUR 220 shipped within the EU. Oversea buyers to cover exact shipping.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

If I'm not mistaken it $205 CAD new, currently sold out though.
That's 139.51 Euro.
Maybe someone really wants to have it badly now.

What is something worth? Whatever another person is willing to pay for it.

The price is way over retail but you have to go on a waiting list and wait your turn to get it. Perhaps some people are willing to pay the premium for instant gratification.

B

BavariaBrewer

If I'm not mistaken it $205 CAD new, currently sold out though.
That's 139.51 Euro.
Maybe someone really wants to have it badly now.

Just so you know:

205 CAD is the RSP for the razor with ONE plate. I am selling with TWO plates. RSP for this is 255 CAD = 175 EUR.

I am based in Germany, so had to pay for international shipping (30 CAD / 20 EUR) as well as German customs (2,7%) and import sales taxes (19%). All summed up, I paid ca. 240 EUR.

Shipping within the EU is 20 EUR, so after the sale, I will be left with 200 EUR, which is 40 EUR less than what I paid myself.

In the future you might want to check the facts first, before calling out someone for his pricing.

The price is way over retail but you have to go on a waiting list and wait your turn to get it. Perhaps some people are willing to pay the premium for instant gratification.

AFAIK, the waitlist at Karve is closed, and there is currently no way the stainless version can be ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Guys, the seller is allowed to charge what he wants. You guys are also allowed to call the seller out if you think he is over priced.

Bottom line keep it civil.

Based on the information provided, I am surprised the seller is not trying to make a full recovery of costs. As noted, if you aren't already on the list, you aren't getting one soon.

GLWTS.

If you’re going to suggest on someone’s BST listing that they are in violation of a forum rule, I’d suggest citing the....uh, forum rule.
Wow, this is a tough forum.....LOL.

Somehow I was under the impression that that was the rule. I think it might be on that other forum I frequent. I wasn't suggesting anything other than the ask price recovers all of the seller's costs and despite the excellent condition of the razor, it's still a used razor. The market will decide if this price is fair, not the seller, not someone like you and me posting on here but an actual buyer.

He is selling it with 2 baseplates. It comes with one, if you buy the whole razor, rather than parts.
And as others have said, good luck buying a new one!
Seller has every right to ask his price, and he even explained it. Sheesh.
Best wishes for your sale!

The Seller has every right to ask his price, any price, no argument with that. I too wished him luck. It's the market, however, that ultimately decides if the ask price is fair. I sincerely hope he sells it and gets what he's asking. The market, however, so far is saying no thanks, and that's for an item that you consider so rare "good luck finding it". Sheesh.

The Seller has every right to ask his price, any price, no argument with that. I too wished him luck. It's the market, however, that ultimately decides if the ask price is fair. I sincerely hope he sells it and gets what he's asking. The market, however, so far is saying no thanks, and that's for an item that you consider so rare "good luck finding it". Sheesh.

I find it interesting that even though the OP provided you with all of the costs associated with his acquisition of the razor in explicit detail, and has pointed out that he is selling two, not one, baseplates and the razor is currently unavailable at all from the manufacturer, you still continue to press the same point without acknowledging any similar details to support your case that his price is too high. Your last post really doesn't present anything new other than to point out the general nature of how buyers and sellers come together in any given market. I think most of us already know that. I am just scratching my head why you've decided to essentially repeat your first point with no new information other than to stir things up. I guess you're right about one thing. You aren't a buyer. Why not just leave it at that? Not very gentlemanly if you ask me.

I find it interesting that even though the OP provided you with all of the costs associated with his acquisition of the razor in explicit detail, and has pointed out that he is selling two, not one, baseplates and the razor is currently unavailable at all from the manufacturer, you still continue to press the same point without acknowledging any similar details to support your case that his price is too high. Your last post really doesn't present anything new other than to point out the general nature of how buyers and sellers come together in any given market. I think most of us already know that. I am just scratching my head why you've decided to essentially repeat your first point with no new information other than to stir things up. I guess you're right about one thing. You aren't a buyer. Why not just leave it at that? Not very gentlemanly if you ask me.
+1

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Next person who posts anything in this thread that is not related to buying the razor will have their BST access removed for 30 days. OP you may post updates regarding the sale as well.

B

BavariaBrewer

I didn’t expect a simple ad to cause such a fuss to be honest, and I have never experienced anything alike on any other board. I just got informed that you guys in the US are not used to paying either import duties or VAT, but us Europeans sure have to.

I think I was quite fair in my pricing regarding to what I paid, and regarding that the razor is basically new.

Maybe it’s best if I withdrew sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom