What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I LOVE my brass Karve, and only bought it a few months ago thinking that i'd wait for the SS to drop and get one of those. The idea of having to clean and dry the brass after each use was what had me unsure and wanting to wait, but in the end i just wanted one so bought it. Very happy camper and now that i know i can make it look new just by rubbing some toothpaste on it with a cloth has me only wanting to keep the brass.

The cost is one factor but if it can be had for less i'd consider one with only 2 plates (C & D SB). At the end of the day, until the pricing is final as in live on the website, its just Chris' thoughts. I'm not ruling out getting one, but probably not from his first drop.

I’m still debating whether the SS one will be better than the Brass razor. Shouldn’t they perform the same due to both razors being the same design and blade gap. $100 price difference is kind of steep imo

I wonder why the stainless is so much pricier than the brass? I wasn't aware that stainless was that much more expensive. Meaning the raw material. Maybe it's a lot more expensive to machine stainless than brass? Makes you wonder how razorock sells their super high quality stainless razors for so cheap?

I like my karve a lot but for that price I'll pass.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I will for sure wait on some reviews. RR is working on an OC in SS so this could be a tough decision.

I wonder why the stainless is so much pricier than the brass? I wasn't aware that stainless was that much more expensive. Meaning the raw material. Maybe it's a lot more expensive to machine stainless than brass? Makes you wonder how razorock sells their super high quality stainless razors for so cheap?

The shiny SS costs $$! :302:

A SS Razor will take longer and require more tooling on a CNC machine. Time, along with the fact that SS chews up bits more readily makes these more expensive to produce.

As far as how it’ll shave, I have direct experience with Timeless Ti and SS razors (same design, different materials). The Timeless SS shaves slightly more aggressively/efficiently than the Ti due to the difference in weight. I’d expect the two Karve versions to shave nearly identically.

I love my brass Karve (with both F plates). In the abstract, I also love brass generally, due to its patina qualities. I have a bunch of stainless razors; to me, brass and bronze are more interesting. I won't be buying a stainless Karve, though I'm sure it will be a tremendous razor, just like the Karve I already own.

Forgot to thank the people who replied to my post from a few weeks ago where I had trouble deciding on which plates to get. So here's a belated "thank you". I think I've made up my mind now. Can't wait to get the SS Karve with most likely the SB-C, SB-F and OC-F plates.

As do I . . . but I have a minor titch of OCD. I have to clean my brass weekly (and my copper Charcoal Goods) as a result. I will be buying a SS Karve so that I can get the benefits of the Karve, while leaving my brass to age nicely and evenly as I do. Besides . . . I have that open spot in my razor case needing to be filled.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I am happy with my Brass Karve 3 C SB and D OC.
$175 for same razor with different material ? No.

I'm in the same place - I have a Brass Karve with a couple different plates, and a bunch of modern SS razors already. Can't see the gain for that premium price, though I wish him luck.

Will it be the exact same design in different material? Is that how Timeless SS and Ti is, same design but different material? Timeless has brass as well. Are all three the same?

Will it be the exact same design in different material? Is that how Timeless SS and Ti is, same design but different material? Timeless has brass as well. Are all three the same?
I’m not 100% sure, but according to rumor all the brass plates will fit on the SS.

It's also worth noting that the Karve feels and shaves like a top-tier razor. It's not that the Karve isn't worth that pricing, only that they haven't been priced in that realm so far.

The stainless and titanium are essentially the same. The brass razor has a different geometry.

Chris has said that the SS version will be the exact same specs as the Brass. So, the only variation in shave performance should be due to the metal composition.

Top Bottom