What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
One thing of note, which I do not know if it has received any play here. Chris posted on Instagram about polishing up some razors for shipping, etc. One thing that caught my eyes was a comment about future orders not being billed until ready to ship. If true, he seems to have finally addressed the BIGGEST complaint people have had.

One thing of note, which I do not know if it has received any play here. Chris posted on Instagram about polishing up some razors for shipping, etc. One thing that caught my eyes was a comment about future orders not being billed until ready to ship. If true, he seems to have finally addressed the BIGGEST complaint people have had.
Actions speak so much louder than words as my mother taught me growing up. How many times has he said he was going to correct something only to keep doing it the same way he always has? Just to be clear though, he said the first couple were just about ready and that was it!! Shipping wasn't even included in the post so what exactly are they just about ready for? 4 months and the first couple are just about ready, what a joke!! I still can't figure out how anyone can support him or his product!!!!!!! Nothing more than a common thief in my book!!

I wanted to give this thread a bump to see if more people have tried the G plate. I am toying with giving it or the F/E plates a try. Maybe start with an E and G in Brass. Start now dropping hints now for Father's day.

Wondering how these compare to R41, Ikon Standard, Ikon Tech, or CG Level 3 to try and calibrate. Sounds like F is near R41 in terms of efficiency?

Thanks!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
To me, the change detracts from the unique design that makes a Karve CB what it is. I think the little inventions on the ends of the OG Karve are cool looking, and integral to the Karve CB design aesthetic. Of all things to be tinkering with, too....when there are still customers waiting for their Black Friday orders to be fulfilled!
At least this is some signs of life there
Possibly? But i agree he needed extra time to polish he could have delayed this new invention.

Nice gesture by Karve and seems like they are listening to their customers. Me personally the blade tabs don’t bother me much so won’t jump on this unless one day I get cut by the tab.

Nice work Karve! Always making quality products!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not everyone will agree, but I think a wider cap to cover the exposed blade tabs is a solution in search of a problem.

Reactions: AQU
I wanted to give this thread a bump to see if more people have tried the G plate. I am toying with giving it or the F/E plates a try. Maybe start with an E and G in Brass. Start now dropping hints now for Father's day.

Wondering how these compare to R41, Ikon Standard, Ikon Tech, or CG Level 3 to try and calibrate. Sounds like F is near R41 in terms of efficiency?

Thanks!

I started with a D open comb plate, the most "aggressive" available when I bought the razor. I bought an F straight bar plate the day it was released, and sold my D plate that same day. I bought the F open comb plate the day it came out, and now is the only plate I use.

I don't have the Ikon Standard, but I have the other three razors you mention. On my face, the F open comb is smoother than the R41 and Ikon Tech, and about the same as the CG L3. All four about the same in efficiency, on my face.

I got a chance to try out a Brass Karve E Straight Bar (and the D OC). A friend graciously loaned me his for a while. It's not as efficient as the R41. It also feels more dangerous somehow. It kinda reminds me of my Futur on 6. Not as efficient as you would expect, but still feels like it will bite you if you're not careful.

Anyone else here do any sort of forced patina on their Karve? I saw one that someone had used a Brass Aging solution on and it came out fantastic.

proxy.php

At some point (If Karve ever gets their sh*t together) they should just make an all new razor to meet the needs of those that want a more aggressive option. It's inefficient in terms of both design and production to have 14 different plates between SB and OC, across various metals, in an attempt to please everyone.

Last edited:
At some point (If Karve ever gets their sh*t together) they should just make an all new razor to meet the needs of those that want a more aggressive option. It's inefficient in terms of both design and production to have 14 different plates between SB and OC, across various metals, in an attempt to please everyone.

I hope they don't design a new razor because the various plates are what attracted me to Karve in the first place. Well, that plus all the detailed info on their website explaining the differences and measurements between the plates.

Sometimes I'll go 3-4 days without shaving in which case I'll use an OC C plate. Most of the time I shave every 2 days in which case I use an SB C plate. And sometimes I have to shave multiple days in a row in which case I use an SB B plate. I like that I can have 3 different high quality razors just by swapping out the base plate. YMMV, though.

Seeing as I started the thread I suppose I should update it. I went ahead and placed my order last night, I purchased the brass daily shaver kit that comes with the B, C, and D solid base plates and the original top cap. I figure if I love the razor and the blade tabs cause me issues I can always buy a widebody top cap relatively inexpensively.

Looking forward to my first brass razor, the wait for delivery will just keep the anticipation and excitement pegged : )

I'll take the slimmer top cap. Unless you're going to shave with the side of the razor, then exposed tabs are not an issue. Maybe only for head shavers, but I wouldn't know.

I head shave and have no plans to change to the wider top cap. I’ve never cut myself with blade tabs with that or any other razor. I’m super careful around the ears though. the regular Karve cap works for me!

The new widebody caps look like bricks. Terrible. The old caps are great. I have never nicked myself with the tabs with any razor, much less the Karve. Are the tabs even sharp enough for this? Until I do it to myself, I am calling it a myth.

I own and and love the G plate. It is every bit as efficient as the Muhle R41 but much, much smoother. No chatter.

Hello,
I too have and love the G plate. I use it at least once a week. Now I’m using it with the wide cap to cover blade tabs. I’m a head shaver who has nicked my ears pretty bad with blade tabs.
I wish they would make a OC G plate. The F OC I have is nice but the G is preferred. Eye candy below.

Cheers
John

DB3E458D-CC05-4349-AD38-A72625C90E21.jpeg
3AE2603A-B9F0-456F-833B-E6A67F2E86A8.jpeg

Hello,
I too have and love the G plate. I use it at least once a week. Now I’m using it with the wide cap to cover blade tabs. I’m a head shaver who has nicked my ears pretty bad with blade tabs.
I wish they would make a OC G plate. The F OC I have is nice but the G is preferred. Eye candy below.

Cheers
John

View attachment 1081778View attachment 1081779
What would you compare the G plate to in terms of efficiency? Can you compare to Ikon Tech, Ikon Standard, R41, and/or Charcoal Goods L3??

Thanks!!

Top Bottom