What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here, you have a still relatively new, 'artisan' supplier introducing brand new products with no track record. Maybe he is telling customers he will do what he is telling himself he can do and that is probably a bad idea. But it really doesn't matter what he says. Using suppliers like that at minimum will result in delays, and maybe worse problems than that.

Or, we have a vender who doesn’t respect his customers[/QUOTE]
Again, you can speculate as to motives and complain all you want. If you use a supplier who: (1) is very small, maybe even just a one man shop, at least until until recently, that is a side business (i.e., it isn't his day job); (2) is coming out with a new product line with a different set of manufacturing issues than his initial line; and (3) makes good products, but has no long term track record in reliable distribution and customer service (including customer communication, which takes more time and effort to do right than some of you seem to think), then you are asking for problems. Of course, you can factor in those problems in deciding how much you are willing to pay for his product, or whether you are willing to buy it at all. But I wonder how many of those here who are calling him a fraud, a liar, disrespectful to his customers, etc., have tried to start a business in their spare time. This bothers me since I often represent clients who are small entrepreneurs and face many start up problems, in some cases because the rules favor big business. OK, end of rant.

Hello

RAD struck again. The G plate arrived today. This is going to be very interesting. Maybe I’ll drop a hat size after head shave.
Eye candy below.

Cheers
John
7B0BF0E3-157E-49D4-B3CE-B69EB6C8BA8E.jpeg
E2A49C2F-2C66-4239-8E3C-436C654A388F.jpeg
0E924F94-9E52-4068-9B7C-3E14C668D58C.jpeg

There's another thread going that's attempting to compare the Karve to the R41, but the highest aggression plate they've attempted to compare is a solid bar E. Thus far, the concensus is the E isn't quite as efficient. Anyone able to give me a comparison of the R41 to one of the F plates or this new G plate?

I have the OC E plate and I'd say it was just a small touch less efficient than the R41. I use a Nacet in the E plate - sharper. I can get the same results with a GSB in the R41, or even an Astra SP on the first couple of uses.

Please tell us about it, and how it compares to other Karves, R41 etc.
I went through a couple weeks ago where I got weepers on my trouble spot on my neck with any razor , the last few weeks seems that I am back in the game. I went from a ER 1912 and a gem g to the f plate and love it. I was in a hurry at 4 am to shave before work so I showered, bowl lathered ( still getting used to that). Then shaved 2 passes , down and then ear to chin. I had maybe 3 to 4 days growth. I didn't alum to check for irritation but didn't notice any through the day with occasionally sweating. It was a very good smooth shave for a first run, I would say it's at a tie with my favorite of the Rockwell 6s on a 4 and a Er 1912 with ease. I did less buffing and still got a very close smooth shave. Very happy with it. A new or different blade will be used next because I don't recall how many shaves ore on this blade or my other used one. They have a few plus head shaves so are well used. The b plate oc I have didn't give me that close a shave, I do need to revisit it. Haven't used a 41, but have had trouble with a mmoc and clof pruf for some reason.

Or, we have a vender who doesn’t respect his customers
Again, you can speculate as to motives and complain all you want. If you use a supplier who: (1) is very small, maybe even just a one man shop, at least until until recently, that is a side business (i.e., it isn't his day job); (2) is coming out with a new product line with a different set of manufacturing issues than his initial line; and (3) makes good products, but has no long term track record in reliable distribution and customer service (including customer communication, which takes more time and effort to do right than some of you seem to think), then you are asking for problems. Of course, you can factor in those problems in deciding how much you are willing to pay for his product, or whether you are willing to buy it at all. But I wonder how many of those here who are calling him a fraud, a liar, disrespectful to his customers, etc., have tried to start a business in their spare time. This bothers me since I often represent clients who are small entrepreneurs and face many start up problems, in some cases because the rules favor big business. OK, end of rant.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for those points, and thanks for thumbs up for artisans, of which I'm one.

I love the small business manufacturers. Having a couple karves, a charcoal goods and hopefully a wolfman in the future I think is something special and supports people that take a risk in their business and life. I am on waitlists and get frustrated checking for that “in stock” button to light up, but look at it in that it’s worth the wait and challenge for a piece of art in my man spa. Having to wait also lets my wallet avoid the huge weight loss from my addiction for awhile longer

Will a standard handle fit on a brass Karve head? I was debating about getting a CB Karve in brass, but would like to place a different handle on it. I really like some aftermarket handles and would prefer to use those if they would work.

Will a standard handle fit on a brass Karve head? I was debating about getting a CB Karve in brass, but would like to place a different handle on it. I really like some aftermarket handles and would prefer to use those if they would work.
Most aftermarket handles will work

Hello

I now have two shaves with the G plate completed. I also have the F plate in SB and OC to compare it to. I am a fan of very efficient razors.

First 2 pass head/face shave was with a Rapira Swedish steel blade which worked very well with F SB plate. It didn't perform well with the G plate. It felt dull.

Second 2 pass head/face shave was with a Astra SP. This comb performed very well. Extremely efficient but smooth. I think it was smoother than the F (ymmv). If you get sloppy with your technique it will remind you immediately.

Comparisons to other razors.
R41 (2013). Definitely more efficient but much smoother.

Phoenix Artisan SSDOC. Equal to in efficiency but again much smoother.

Will post more comparisons, details as time allows but wanted to get a quick few out. Bottom line if you like very efficient razors buy it period. Very very smooth and great for head shaves. I will get it in SS when available.

No issue with ordering or ship time. It's the third time I have ordered from Karve and every experience has been very good.

Cheers
John

Got an email saying the Karve stainless steel waitlist is closing tonight.

"We want to thank absolutely every person who has had their name put down thus far. It's been really great to see how many supporters we have around the globe. For the people who have received their orders, we hope you're enjoying them and to the people who are still waiting, we are working hard to get this waitlist fulfilled.

Our stainless steel waitlist closes at 11:59PM MDT.

Today is your last chance to get your name added to the waitlist before it closes."

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I won't be on the stainless list. Just got my brass recently and see no need for the stainless. I don't care about patina, lack of patina, whatever, but I do prefer the feel of brass in hand over steel in hand. Either way, they are some nice razors.

Top Bottom