What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I ordered a stainless steel SB with the G plate. It is going out today or Monday and should have it in about 10 days or so. I will give feedback after my initial shave. I have a Timor 931 that I believe is made by Fatip which in my opinion has a huge blade gap and exposure. I have no problems shaving but I go slow as any slight move the wrong way can mean you know what.
IMG_0180.JPG

Yeah it appears they didn’t ship this week...

Thought he finally got someone to help with customer service?

WOW . . . less than 30 minutes to a sell-out. He was commenting about how he had built up stock prior to going "live", too. I'd be curious to know how many he sold today.

In Jack's latest video (5th of July) he said this:

"Quick update for anyone that has bought a stainless steel Karve and is wondering where it is. The guys in Edmonton are shipping them out this week. And hoping to get them all out by mid to late next week. Please bear in mind, being completely transparent with you, we have well over like a 100 orders."

Yes, he now has Jack (who has The Virtual Groomroom channel on YouTube, and has already done a couple of video shaves with the new razor) helping with PR/ customer service.
But he’s in the US, not Canada, so I believe he only helps with communication with customers, answering emails, Instagram messages, etc
In his second video he was asking people who have placed orders to be patient, and said they were going to ship throughout next week.

I remember Chris saying a while ago that he got some help in his shop as well, but I think it’s still a very small team doing the manufacturing, packaging and shipping, etc

It’s too bad really. I think the wait would be killing me.

I’m not going to lie, my brass Karve has slowly become my favorite razor. I wanted to like it, I didn’t expect to stop using everything else. I’d love a stainless.

A 100? That's it? Considering he was talking up how he had built up inventory before the sale dropped, I have to say I am somewhat disappointed that, 10 days later, I have still not received a shipping notice.

It’s too bad really. I think the wait would be killing me.

I’m not going to lie, my brass Karve has slowly become my favorite razor. I wanted to like it, I didn’t expect to stop using everything else. I’d love a stainless.

Yes...it is very disappointing. Chris posted on Instagram that he was making customer service a priority and having a dedicated person answering emails and addressing customer concerns.

I placed my order for the stainless steel CB one minute after the launch and now 1.5 weeks later, no shipping notification, no answer to my email, nothing. Back to the same old poor customer service I have come to expect in the past.

It is a shame because the razor is the best in the business. If he wasn't ready to ship, then he should not have launched the razor when he did. Also, not making enough top caps basically shut down the launch before it really even had a chance to get started.

Still waiting for delivery.

Yes...it is very disappointing. Chris posted on Instagram that he was making customer service a priority and having a dedicated person answering emails and addressing customer concerns.

I placed my order for the stainless steel CB one minute after the launch and now 1.5 weeks later, no shipping notification, no answer to my email, nothing. Back to the same old poor customer service I have come to expect in the past.

It is a shame because the razor is the best in the business. If he wasn't ready to ship, then he should not have launched the razor when he did. Also, not making enough top caps basically shut down the launch before it really even had a chance to get started.

Posted a question to a Canadian FB page about whether or not anyone had received a shipping notice. Chris responded there that he expected to start shipping on Friday of this past week. NADA.

Especially aggravating is that he made a point of mentioning that he was building an inventory of SS parts to allow for demand when he dropped the razor. Then, to read that sales on the day were for about 100 razors, it makes one question how much of an inventory was created beforehand, and also what is so difficult about shipping 10 razors per day? I mean, my order went through within minutes of the drop and, 10 days later, it still has not shipped. That is ridiculous. Asked for an update via e-mail today, so we'll see what the response is from that.

Posted a question to a Canadian FB page about whether or not anyone had received a shipping notice. Chris responded there that he expected to start shipping on Friday of this past week. NADA.

Especially aggravating is that he made a point of mentioning that he was building an inventory of SS parts to allow for demand when he dropped the razor. Then, to read that sales on the day were for about 100 razors, it makes one question how much of an inventory was created beforehand, and also what is so difficult about shipping 10 razors per day? I mean, my order went through within minutes of the drop and, 10 days later, it still has not shipped. That is ridiculous. Asked for an update via e-mail today, so we'll see what the response is from that.

We are in the exact same boat and I agree with you completely...how hard is it to ship 10 razors a day? The only explanation is that he launched them before they were actually ready to ship.

Keep us posted if you get an email response...I sent an email for a status update on Wednesday and have heard nothing, so don't hold your breath...very frustrating to have such a great product and such a lackadaisical customer experience.

I guess it's somewhere between 100 and 150 or so, since he said "well over like a 100 orders". That shipping would take time was to be expected in my opinion. He had to fix some quality control issues with the stands and he's on his own as far as I know (not counting Jack from the customer service). He has to divide his time between quality control, packing orders, shipping orders and creating new pieces.

Look at it from the bright side, at least you can already shave with a Karve since you have the brass one. I have been waiting for more than a year to shave with one and I'm sure it's going to take at least another month before mine arrives. ;)

And this is the sort of treatment that has turned me off to the Karve experience. There are plenty of good razors produced buy people with a sense of respect for there customer.

We are in the exact same boat and I agree with you completely...how hard is it to ship 10 razors a day? The only explanation is that he launched them before they were actually ready to ship.

Keep us posted if you get an email response...I sent an email for a status update on Wednesday and have heard nothing, so don't hold your breath...very frustrating to have such a great product and such a lackadaisical customer experience.

I guess I’ve tried to give Chris the benefit of the doubt most of the time. Between being Canadian (I also reside in Canada) and from the secondhand accounts of people dealing with him in person, I always just assumed he was trying to grow his small business and these were some of the pains.

On the bright side, I’d rather have customer service issues than quality control issues. ;)

Never a question about the quality. And, to be fair, this is the longest delay of any of my purchases, which is why it is so irksome. As vendors grow in popularity and, eventually, size, one would expect that it is in the area of service that improvements would be made, as the product is already solid (or they would not be growing, QED). Sadly, this does not seem to be the case.

Okay, lets stipulate that it was 200 orders. Given that individual plates are all that need to be separated, and the packaging is already in house, it should not take more than a couple hours (being generous) to process 20 - 30 orders a day and still leave plenty of time for correcting any issues with other merch like the stands. Even on his own, getting out orders that are "razor only" should not have been that complicated, while still working to solve any problems with the stands. Frankly, if I'm still waiting for my razor a month after purchase, I think that falls into the category of unreasonable delay.

I agree with all the sentiments above. I’m in the same boat with my SS order. Either be in the razor business or don’t. But don’t represent yourself to be in the business of selling something if you can’t follow through with a minimum level of timely order fulfillment and decent customer service. Very frustrating.

What bothers me the most is the changing targets for the shipping dates.

Here are the shipping mentions from the Karve Facebook and Instagram accounts.
June 28th "The release was a success and we are busy getting the orders ready to ship." "we’ll be shipping orders on Tuesday (Monday is Canada Day)."
July 3rd "A few more checks tomorrow and they’ll be on their way to the post office!" "it look like it's going to be tomorrow"
July 6th "We're hoping to have most of them out by the end of next week."

The first announced shipping date was July 2nd and it has now moved to hopefully by July 12th.

As already mentioned it seems that the parts were not completed before the drop.

Personally I would have preferred to know that it would be a couple of weeks before shipping would occur rather than anticipating it being mailed out earlier and then not.

An upfront notice of a longer than usual shipping date would not have stopped me from purchasing on June 26th but because I am so looking forward to its arrival, I wish there were not the dashed expectations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom