What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can you clarify how your "buffing improves performance" as in what product you use, how long you buff, is it with hand or power tool as I can't wrap my head around it ?

Buffing is going over the same spot (in my case, many times), in short strokes, without re-lathering.

Buffing is going over the same spot (in my case, many times), in short strokes, without re-lathering.

LOL :001_huh: I thought your were buffing the base plate as in shining it to get a more efficient shave. Just reread my post. Of course I know how to buff with a razor. I feel so :a19:

LOL :001_huh: I thought your were buffing the base plate as in shining it to get a more efficient shave. Just reread my post. Of course I know how to buff with a razor. I feel so :a19:

Ha! I now see the disconnect. I might be a lowly philosophy major, but I’ve never understood how the razor material’s “slickness” might affect the shave.

I’ve been using a C SB every other day. Today, 4th day w/o shaving, I used the D OC. This was the first time I have used an OC. Holy cow, that was a great shave. Very smooth and comfortable, mowed down the whiskers with ease. My blade was a personna comfort coated(4). I have a D SB I still need to try.

As promised . . . my Karvery.
001.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg

3D printed to the specs of my Father's old accessories case, then popped into the base. I removed the original interior myself, but had an online friend create what I designed.

I'd like to ask the masses here... Do any of you have the A (SB) plate? Do you feel it is efficient, specifically can you get a close shave with it? If so, can you provide me any tips?

I have the A-C Plates and B seems to work best for smooth, yet a clean shave. However, ATG is touchy on my neck... pin ***** feeling in some spots. In general my skin is quite sensitive to ATG, somewhat uncomfortable all around with the B, but without it my shave feels so subpar (I cannot clear it to the point I don't feel hair unless I do ATG).

I have historically found the A is better ATG, but I can't clear all the stubble. It's like it doesn't reach it and I keep thinking it's the negative blade exposure causing this. I wonder if there's some special way to use a negative exposure razor that I'm missing?

For some time i've been toying with the idea of going back to the Rockwell, because the 3 plate is smoother for me, mostly ATG. That would end with me buying a 6s and sinking another $100. Lol. So I am fighting the urge until I know for sure it's my only option. That and I don't even know if I would like the S, with it's unpolished finish. It could be that finish on the Karve that's adding to the irritation ATG.

Another thought... Maybe I should try adding some sort of oil (baby?) to the Karve B plate right before the ATG pass... Just to see if it helps?

Anyway, thanks everyone for any advice you might be able to offer (and taking the time to read this looong post). [emoji846]

I'd like to ask the masses here... Do any of you have the A (SB) plate? Do you feel it is efficient, specifically can you get a close shave with it? If so, can you provide me any tips?

I have the A-C Plates and B seems to work best for smooth, yet a clean shave. However, ATG is touchy on my neck... pin ***** feeling in some spots. In general my skin is quite sensitive to ATG, somewhat uncomfortable all around with the B, but without it my shave feels so subpar (I cannot clear it to the point I don't feel hair unless I do ATG).

I have historically found the A is better ATG, but I can't clear all the stubble. It's like it doesn't reach it and I keep thinking it's the negative blade exposure causing this. I wonder if there's some special way to use a negative exposure razor that I'm missing?

For some time i've been toying with the idea of going back to the Rockwell, because the 3 plate is smoother for me, mostly ATG. That would end with me buying a 6s and sinking another $100. Lol. So I am fighting the urge until I know for sure it's my only option. That and I don't even know if I would like the S, with it's unpolished finish. It could be that finish on the Karve that's adding to the irritation ATG.

Another thought... Maybe I should try adding some sort of oil (baby?) to the Karve B plate right before the ATG pass... Just to see if it helps?

Anyway, thanks everyone for any advice you might be able to offer (and taking the time to read this looong post). [emoji846]

Hi mrdoug,

Karve's plates especially the A-B plates are rather mild and I think only the C and upwards will have some positive blade exposure.

If it's that hard to get a great shave from a Karve there's so many other choices and my offer still stands too.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Top Bottom