What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Karve Shaving "G" Plate

There were five sold last night in a flash via Instagram post. Chris said he has no plans to make more because he is very busy getting the aluminum and stainless steel razors ready. However, if you send him an email and he gets enough requests he might make more in June. Said the plate is very aggressive. Here are the stats.

Blade gap 1.36 (G plate 1.23)
Positive blade exposure .25 (G plate .22)
Karve Shaving G Plate.png

I have an E plate and really like it. I also have a B open comb that I kind of wish was a C or D. Looking forward to seeing his new stuff.

There's another thread going that's attempting to compare the Karve to the R41, but the highest aggression plate they've attempted to compare is a solid bar E. Thus far, the concensus is the E isn't quite as efficient. Anyone able to give me a comparison of the R41 to one of the F plates or this new G plate?

The G plate may be closer but the F isn't close to the 41. Smooth and efficient but not in the same league. Pif"d mine.

pbrmhl

Contributor
There's another thread going that's attempting to compare the Karve to the R41, but the highest aggression plate they've attempted to compare is a solid bar E. Thus far, the concensus is the E isn't quite as efficient. Anyone able to give me a comparison of the R41 to one of the F plates or this new G plate?
I’ve found that with a bit more buffing, my F plate OC performs as well as my R41 2011 efficiency-wise, and is much smoother.

I’ve found that with a bit more buffing, my F plate OC performs as well as my R41 2011 efficiency-wise, and is much smoother.
Can you clarify how your "buffing improves performance" as in what product you use, how long you buff, is it with hand or power tool as I can't wrap my head around it ?

pbrmhl

Contributor
Can you clarify how your "buffing improves performance" as in what product you use, how long you buff, is it with hand or power tool as I can't wrap my head around it ?
Buffing is going over the same spot (in my case, many times), in short strokes, without re-lathering.

Buffing is going over the same spot (in my case, many times), in short strokes, without re-lathering.
LOL :001_huh: I thought your were buffing the base plate as in shining it to get a more efficient shave. Just reread my post. Of course I know how to buff with a razor. I feel so :a19:

pbrmhl

Contributor
LOL :001_huh: I thought your were buffing the base plate as in shining it to get a more efficient shave. Just reread my post. Of course I know how to buff with a razor. I feel so :a19:
Ha! I now see the disconnect. I might be a lowly philosophy major, but I’ve never understood how the razor material’s “slickness” might affect the shave.

I ordered a stainless steel SB with the G plate. It is going out today or Monday and should have it in about 10 days or so. I will give feedback after my initial shave. I have a Timor 931 that I believe is made by Fatip which in my opinion has a huge blade gap and exposure. I have no problems shaving but I go slow as any slight move the wrong way can mean you know what.
IMG_0180.JPG