What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I started with an SB Karve and bought an OC one soon after. I now much prefer the OC although I can still get a great shave with the SB Karve. For both, I have Plate B.
Ohh yes, well done Sir! I have been following your post with Karve from the SB to the OC. Thanks for your post 😆 ...I got mine...and now because of you too I am interested in the OC 😀...although I prefer a higher blade gap...not so high though😆

I have a Karve CB in stainless with B plate. I had the brass version with C and D plate and hated the brass because of the staining and required cleaning. But the shave was always excellent. The current SS B plate is in rotation with my Wolfman WR2 and Tatara Masamune. And I am having a Wolfman WR1 (.48mm SB) delivered next week to join the current 3 razors.

I have a Karve CB in stainless with B plate. I had the brass version with C and D plate and hated the brass because of the staining and required cleaning. But the shave was always excellent. The current SS B plate is in rotation with my Wolfman WR2 and Tatara Masamune. And I am having a Wolfman WR1 (.48mm SB) delivered next week to join the current 3 razors.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the WR1 0.48 I find the 0.61 a little too much for me. Thinking of getting a 0.48 or 0.54 (if I can).

I started with an SB Karve and bought an OC one soon after. I now much prefer the OC although I can still get a great shave with the SB Karve. For both, I have Plate B.
Also interested in the Karve now haha. Was also wondering how it compares to 6s because lot of people praises for the 6s too. But just red up There someone having both and prefers the Karve...

The Karve is a fantastic razor. I have a stainless steel in B, C, and D and a brass (plated in rhodium) in B and C. So well made and such a smooth shaver. I strongly prefer it over the Rockwell 6s (which I also love and has become my travel razor). The B plate to me feels like the R3 on the face but is more efficient, more like an R4. The C plate is feels like an R4 while shaving but performs like an R5. To me. My favorite blades in the Karve are GSB, Gillette 7 o clock Yellow, Wizamets, and the Dorco Prime Platinum. Now, my preferred razor these days is my Wolfman WR2. But the Karve is still in the rotation.

For any who want to read all about the Karve and get many, many, many opinions, check out the Clubs and Brotherhoods forum:

I have brass long handle with wide and regular cap. I have an OC in C and the following SB: AA, B, C, D. D is plenty aggressive for me. I actually prefer the lower letters. I like the brass feel compared to other metals, it's very warm. I guess all those years of playing trombone in high school gave me a soft spot for brass. It takes a while to order new, but it's worth the wait.

Wanted to start a thread to hear what some of you who own a Karve think of it. My experience was so positive with my Karve Brass SB that I decided to give their OC a try. And now the OC is my favorite of the two.

Two things really impress me about their product. First...the price point for a razor of this quality is very good, especially the brass version. So good that it was easy for me to get a second one. Second, the ease of use and consistent quality of the shave I get is amazing.

Looking forward to reading your posts.
Couldn't resist the SB with the C & D
Wanted to start a thread to hear what some of you who own a Karve think of it. My experience was so positive with my Karve Brass SB that I decided to give their OC a try. And now the OC is my favorite of the two.

Two things really impress me about their product. First...the price point for a razor of this quality is very good, especially the brass version. So good that it was easy for me to get a second one. Second, the ease of use and consistent quality of the shave I get is amazing.

Looking forward to reading your posts.
Been eying the karve sb for a while now probably with the D base I only need to figure out which handle length to choose 3 or 3.5 inch

I have been on the aluminum wait list since May. I prefer heavier razors, but I am reluctant to order the stainless steel razor in light of all the fulfillment delays. Has anyone ordered and received a Karve Stainless Steel Razor recently?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Couldn't resist the SB with the C & D

Been eying the karve sb for a while now probably with the D base I only need to figure out which handle length to choose 3 or 3.5 inch

Handle is important. My Karve razors are not on Karve handles. Just using inexpensive longer handles...West Coast Shaving and others. Karve handles are beautiful though.

Handle is important. My Karve razors are not on Karve handles. Just using inexpensive longer handles...West Coast Shaving and others. Karve handles are beautiful though.
Yes that's another option, can I ask which SB plates you use? C or D are looking the most appealing to me since I use the Rockwell 6C R6 and the GC 0.84-P

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Yes that's another option, can I ask which SB plates you use? C or D are looking the most appealing to me since I use the Rockwell 6C R6 and the GC 0.84-P

I use the B plate for both SB and OC. However, I should post that...with the SB Plate, I always use a Kai SS blade. So I'm thinking that I could go C plate with the SB. But...not necessary. Kai SS blade makes it all good. The OC Karve I can use whatever blade I want and the results are excellent. Although...I prefer Derby Premium. This is all very personal though as you know.

I use the B plate for both SB and OC. However, I should post that...with the SB Plate, I always use a Kai SS blade. So I'm thinking that I could go C plate with the SB. But...not necessary. Kai SS blade makes it all good. The OC Karve I can use whatever blade I want and the results are excellent. Although...I prefer Derby Premium. This is all very personal though as you know.
Never tried kai blades definitely need to give them a try, Polsilver and perma sharps are my current go to's

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Better catch up with my Karve shaves. :)

Brass SB-D
shave 20210106.jpg

Mixed OC-C
shave 20201228.jpg

Mixed OC-C
shave 20201204.jpg

Top Bottom