What's new

Karve Razor vs. Lord L6 Razor

Which plate for the Karve razor most closely match the shave quality / shave feel / shave experience of the Lord L6 razor?

The Lord L6 is in my razor rotation. I do not have a Karve Razor to compare it to. The L6 does a great job at mowing my whiskers though!

Damn, I just looked up the L6 on the blade gap chart, it's 1.09! - Now gap isn't the be all of aggressiveness, as blade exposure and angle plays a big part. Hypothetically, IF the Karve and L6 have similar blade exposure, which both are apparently negative, but not sure if they're close on their dimensions, the logical assumption is the plate with the closes gap to the L6.....that would be the E plate.

Problem is we don't know the dimensions of both razors and if if the exposure is similar between them. On the other hand, the Lord L6 might have been the inspiration for the Karve's dimensions, no way to know for sure.

They have nothing at all in common.

Configuration of the head is completely different, simply comparing blade gap is a pointless exercise. A Futur or Slim can also be configured to have the same blade gap, it won't make them feel like the same razor.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As I mentioned, it was hypothetical and 'IF' they had similar exposure and dimensions. - I don't own a Lord L6 to compare to my Karve, so it was definitely an 'IF' they were similar. I have heard the L6 shaves surprisingly well for it's price point, but never bothered to buy one. For the same $10 or so I've seen them listed, I bought a Tech and now a MingShi, which serve as my travel razor.

I have the Karve with the B and C plates. To me, the B plate a seems to give a closer shave than my Lord L6. The Karve is a very smooth shaver.

Eric

Last edited:
Damn, I just looked up the L6 on the blade gap chart, it's 1.09! - Now gap isn't the be all of aggressiveness, as blade exposure and angle plays a big part. Hypothetically, IF the Karve and L6 have similar blade exposure, which both are apparently negative, but not sure if they're close on their dimensions, the logical assumption is the plate with the closes gap to the L6.....that would be the E plate.

Problem is we don't know the dimensions of both razors and if if the exposure is similar between them. On the other hand, the Lord L6 might have been the inspiration for the Karve's dimensions, no way to know for sure.
Even if exposure was identical you still have weight, balance, cap span, clamping distance, guard span, angle..if all were the same then the Lord 6 would be a Karve.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I did a side by side tonight it seemed to remove hair like a C plate but it’s apples and oranges. The CB razor was more comfortable and smoother. But the L6 really is a good affordable razor. My go to for travel.

The Lord L6 is in my razor rotation. I do not have a Karve Razor to compare it to. The L6 does a great job at mowing my whiskers though!

+1! The L6 is my travel razor and an under-appreciated shaver IMO!

I don’t have a Karve either so cannot comment on that one.

Top Bottom