What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Used the Karve brass F plate SB today. Got some irritation on my neck. Could be a dull blade and I'll go back with the same razor tomorrow with a different blade. But in the Wolf world the whole rage is steep, ride the bar angles, which is working for me with that razor. But it's actually not my preferred attack, especially South-North on my face. Any one else settled on a best angle for the high gap Karves?
Resizer_16114501540610.jpg

The Karve is my first shaving/razor purchase since last September.

I had an offer for a nice used version with the Gladius handle (which design I absolutely love). However, it was 3" and I really prefer a longer handle.

I looked around and found a sale at West Coast Shaving for new customers and was able to get a new one with a 3.5" handle (which is right in the sweet spot for me) for just a few dollars more.

Went with the brass, 3.5" handle, SB-C and grabbed an OC-B as well.

Should be here later this week and I'm super excited.

Also grabbed some MWF since I was in the buying mood and had recently sold some old stuff (shaving and electronics) on eBay.

Can't wait to try it as I've heard rave reviews about it and I truly love the brass look.

@Leverspro I am not a high gap Karve shaver (love the B&C, the D shaves smoothly but I don't like the blade feel). But, my angle with the Karve is to ride the cap, while my angle with the Wolfman is to ride the bar. I know I'm not directly addressing your question, but even one data point can help!

@Leverspro I am not a high gap Karve shaver (love the B&C, the D shaves smoothly but I don't like the blade feel). But, my angle with the Karve is to ride the cap, while my angle with the Wolfman is to ride the bar. I know I'm not directly addressing your question, but even one data point can help!
Actually that is helpful. I read in another Karve thread here yesterday that others find Karve best at the cap, so I'm going to try the F plate again with that in mind.

The Karve is my first shaving/razor purchase since last September.

I had an offer for a nice used version with the Gladius handle (which design I absolutely love). However, it was 3" and I really prefer a longer handle.

I looked around and found a sale at West Coast Shaving for new customers and was able to get a new one with a 3.5" handle (which is right in the sweet spot for me) for just a few dollars more.

Went with the brass, 3.5" handle, SB-C and grabbed an OC-B as well.

Should be here later this week and I'm super excited.

Also grabbed some MWF since I was in the buying mood and had recently sold some old stuff (shaving and electronics) on eBay.

Can't wait to try it as I've heard rave reviews about it and I truly love the brass look.

Post office email last night: Your Karve should arrive on Friday.

Post office email this morning: Your Karve is out for delivery today!!!!!

Can't wait!

Love it when the mail comes earlier than expected! The Karve is a fantastic razor. I've got the 3.25" handle with the SB-C head, and while I'd like to try other blade gaps/exposures, I'm really pleased with this one. It's certainly more aggressive than my Techs and x89s, but less so than the R41. That puts in in the sweet spot for me: I can achieve BBS with it fairly easy, and don't have to worry too much about irritation.

What blade have you got in mind for the first shave?

I'll be curious to hear how you think the OC-B compares to the SB-C, so please report back.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Love it when the mail comes earlier than expected! The Karve is a fantastic razor. I've got the 3.25" handle with the SB-C head, and while I'd like to try other blade gaps/exposures, I'm really pleased with this one. It's certainly more aggressive than my Techs and x89s, but less so than the R41. That puts in in the sweet spot for me: I can achieve BBS with it fairly easy, and don't have to worry too much about irritation.

I'll be curious to hear how you think the OC-B compares to the SB-C, so please report back.

In my opinion, the SB-C is ~1/2 step more efficient than the SB-B plate.

My current preferred Karve plates are OC-C and SB-D. Efficient and smooth = a very effective shave. 😎

Probably go with a GSB.

PXL_20210127_204047745.jpg

Finished up work a little early so I could shave and very pleased with the Karve.

I was a little nervous. I purchased the SB-C because it was in stock at WCS with the handle length I wanted. Then I read several threads that said the B plate was closer to the Rockwell R3 which is what I tend to use.

But it was a very nice shave and no irritation.

Can't wait to try the OC-B next.

Was also my first time using the Rubberset 200 with a SF UHD Silvertip.

Didn't realize just how much water it would hold so my soap was a little thin - will squeeze it out a little better next time.

PXL_20210128_145853432~2.jpg

Used the OC-B this time

I like it - during the shave it felt smoother than the SB-C but a little while after the shave I noticed minor irritation I didn't feel yesterday.

I've found sometimes when a razor is really smooth I apply too much pressure so I'll use this for shave #3 tomorrow and pay closer attention to that

View attachment 1214663

Used the OC-B this time

I like it - during the shave it felt smoother than the SB-C but a little while after the shave I noticed minor irritation I didn't feel yesterday.

I've found sometimes when a razor is really smooth I apply too much pressure so I'll use this for shave #3 tomorrow and pay closer attention to that
Hard to beat the beauty, craftsmanship and smooth shaves of the brass Karve. Glad you're liking it.

Good to see it's working out well. This may be useless info to you, but when I started using the Karve I was used to riding the cap with all my razors, and initially I found the shave a bit rough. Then I tried a steep angle (i.e riding the comb) and it got much smoother. That applied with my OC-B, C, and D plates.
I used to shave riding the cap always and then tried a steep angle and never went back. Riding the guard feels the smoothest for me.

Top Bottom