What's new

Karve Overlander or Yates Precision with H plate?

Hey Gents
Was looking at picking up one of these razors. I hear a lot of great things about the Yates with the H plate as well as the overlander. I prefer efficient razors as I shave every 2-3 days.
I have a BB, Karve with E plate, Lupo.95 and use the 6S on 6.

I dont have an overlander, but the Yates H is an excellent shaver.
If the overlander is indeed comparable to an M plate and you use the Rockwell on plate 6 and a Lupo. 95 then yates H or maybe even EH (I mean Karve E is already very efficient isnt it?) are probably the better option.

Is it a smooth shaver as well? I like smooth, efficient shaves. Have you tried the Nodachi from Tatara?
Have the Yates and Nodachi. Both very smooth shavers. My preference is the Yates H plate to almost every razor I own. My only other razor that can compete with the H is my Blackbird. Depending on the day, sometimes I think the Bird shaves closer, and sometimes I think the Yates H shaves closer...most days it's a toss up.

Have the Yates and Nodachi. Both very smooth shavers. My preference is the Yates H plate to almost every razor I own. My only other razor that can compete with the H is my Blackbird. Depending on the day, sometimes I think the Bird shaves closer, and sometimes I think the Yates H shaves closer...most days it's a toss up.
Thanks for this info. I’ve been fighting the urge to buy either a Nodachi or a Blackbird, but since I have a Yates 921-H, apparently I don’t need either of those.

I've heard its similar in smoothness compared to the M plate but more efficient. Is the H plate similar in smoothness to the overlander as well?

Thanks for this info. I’ve been fighting the urge to buy either a Nodachi or a Blackbird, but since I have a Yates 921-H, apparently I don’t need either of those.
They will give you a different shave feel, but end results will be similar. If you like your Yates H, then the other two won't offer much in terms of performance, but they do shave differently which may or may not suite you.

I like the bead blast finish. I've had them all at one point or another and the bead blast is my favorite.
Thank you so much for the helpful information. Would you say that they are equally as smooth as the overlander? I've tried the brass overlander and liked how smooth it was, just lacked a bit of efficiency for me.

Thank you so much for the helpful information. Would you say that they are equally as smooth as the overlander? I've tried the brass overlander and liked how smooth it was, just lacked a bit of efficiency for me.
The Yates H may have just a hint more blade feel, but I find it a very smooth shaver. I don't think you'll notice too much difference between the Overlander and Yates on that front....at least I don't. What you will notice is more efficiency with the Yates.

Good thread. Thanks.

I have the Overlander and Karve E. Karve E is more efficient but a bit more bladefeel but still smooth. Overlander likely too mild in your use case.

Personally I wasn't fond of the Nodachi when I had it, but I have yet to own another razor that can beat the Blackbird, best part of that is the Blackbird is cheaper (even the titanium I believe....Tataras aint cheap)

Top Bottom