What's new

Karve overlander or Razorock BBS aluminum?

I’ve been using a Henson AL13 V2 aggressive since they were available, and a Schick Krona since I began wet shaving. I’m wanting to get a new lightweight razor for my rotation and am considering the overlander and the BBS. Has anyone used both? Which do you prefer? Are there any other’s you’d suggest? I have fairly coarse hair and sensitive skin.

I have the Razorock BBS and it is solid stainless steel and quite heavy. If you want lightweight you probably mean the Razorock Baby Smooth, that is the aluminum one. Another lightweight Razorock is the aluminum Lupo. (I don't have either of those)

I'd go with the Karve. It's a better shaver to me. If you just want a single high end razor maybe look at some Ti models?
I'd go with the Karve. It's a better shaver to me. If you just want a single high end razor maybe look at some Ti models?
I have the Razorock BBS and it is solid stainless steel and quite heavy. If you want lightweight you probably mean the Razorock Baby Smooth, that is the aluminum one. Another lightweight Razorock is the aluminum Lupo. (I don't have either of those)
I did mean baby smooth

I know this is an old tread but......
Remember the YMMV and we all are so different. Different faces, skin types, shaving experience and shaving methodologies.
Sometimes it just comes down to buy and try!
After it could be a keeper, sleeper, or weeper maker.
So what then, well sell it ( recoup some maybe) or just give it away.
Now I know this is hard but try to think "function" over "form". It is so easy to get locked into the looks, shiny & more....
Also is helpful to have a local group to share with.
I have my dad, brother, friends and few co-workers. All wet shavers....some straights, but mostly de's.
I have helped, loaned and given out a bunch of face tools. Make it and keep it fun...
Also been very lucky to be a recipient too!

Cheers BFX

btw, I have the BBS A, love it but at heart I am a slant and straight razor guy.

Thanks for the insight, I’ve actually bought several other razors since the post, sold a few along the way as well.

Top Bottom