What's new

Karve Overlander in stainless - Sept 9, noon MDT

From the Karve facebook page:

We have stainless steel Overlanders ready. They're going to be a regular product just like the stainless steel Christopher Bradley, so production is ongoing (meaning if the limited drop sells out, more are already coming).

Here's a quick overview of how we're going to release them:

The razors will originally be sold through a product listing with stock that is ready to ship. These razors will be shipped with our standard lead time.
Once those are sold, the listing will convert to one that places you in our queue. As razors become ready, they'll be shipped (per the queue). The listings will be identical but the queue-based one will make it crystal clear that it is a pre-order.

This means the razor will always be available, not just when we add finished stock to the store. This is based directly off of the feedback we've received. Limited drops with top-ups work well for us because we set the pace, but it is frustrating for anyone that missed out...especially if they miss out on several drops in a row.

Eventually, and this really depends on how many razors are sold and how quickly, the lead time may get too far out and we may close the listing to give us a chance to catch up.
Also, we're allowing handle substitutions right off the bat. The listing will have the same configuration widget that we recently added to the Knopf Pommel razors. You can pick from any of the five Argyll handles AND the Overlander handle will be available in all five lengths. Though, depending on the popularity of handle substitutions, lead time may increase if we have to make more.

We've got matching stainless stands too (the handles and stands from the Christopher Bradley and the Overlander are interchangable).
The razor will be priced at CAD$239 (regardless of your handle choice) and the stands are CAD$75. We don’t have heads available yet, but they will be in the future. The listing will open tomorrow at noon (September 9, 2022 at noon MDT).

#TheOverlander #StainlessSteel #safetyrazor #madeincanada

TLDR
👉
Limited drop then pre-order
👉
10 handle choices
👉
Matching stands
👉
CAD$239
👉
September 9, 2022 at noon MDT

Last edited:
How many folks ordered one?

I've been eyeing the Overlander for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger. The stainless is about double the brass or aluminum, so I don't know if it is worth that premium, given that they should all shave the same. But it does look nice.

I've been eyeing the Overlander for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger. The stainless is about double the brass or aluminum, so I don't know if it is worth that premium, given that they should all shave the same. But it does look nice.
I have been waiting for this, but I am kind of un motivated after getting a Blackbird. The one thing that I had been hoping for is available, the option of a CB handle. I love that handle, but the thread pitch won't work on 95% of my razors. The cost is reasonable for a stainless razor, but I have money bookmarked for a Henson Ti22 for nearly the same price. Was hoping you would get some more replies, sorry for the useless post.

I had it in my sights but declined. Was available for a few hours
I guess....but when I next checked, all gone.

For those who want to pay first and get on the waitlist (the only
way is to pay), Karve should indicate how many people there are
ahead of you in the queue so punters know where they stand
before they decide. If I was #15 in line I might feel more enthused
than if I was, say #247.

Im also not digging these matt/bead blasted finishes....I like a bit
of bling.

I just checked the site and this is the case. I don't understand. I find the Overlander to be my best DE razor and I wish Karve the best. I also hope everyone who prepays has a short wait time before their Overlander is in their hand.

Why so....is it due to the face feel...glide etc?
Brass and copper don't stack up in that dept?
Simply that steel is a good weight, like brass or copper, but it doesn’t patinate so it is low maintenance. That’s all. I’m not a fan of the low weight of titanium or aluminium.

Aaah...I thought steel, brass and copper in same wheelhouse
as far as weight more or less.

Re: patina, I once owned a charcoal goods brass razor and as per
makers notes, I used to apply a layer of Renaissance Wax to it every week
or so. Never took any patina.

Stainless is harder to machine and comparitively brutal on tooling. Retail cost is appropriate to the product.😉

Top Bottom