Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Definitely my top DE razor this Karve!
Finally back home and found the OC-D waiting to join the SB-D & SB-F...It's been a long 2 months...can't wait to try
20220120_104159.jpg

SB-B & SB-C; playing it safe… for now!
I prefer a mild yet efficient razor, not liking lots of blade feel. So Fatip Grande and Blackland Blackbird were not comfortable for me. I started with a Slim, and found settings 4, 5, and 6 to be tops for me. I remember pouring over posts and specs on the all the plates (back when they stopped at D!) and did like you, Sarir, but added the SB-A as well.

Eventually I went up to D, and tried 2 open combs, A and B. Today, it is SB-B. It just works wonderfully for me and my whiskers! Three easy passes, no drama, very comfy, and I love the way the brass retains the heat over SS.

Congratulations on your purchase and may you enjoy exploring all the options the CB razor offers! Karve Diem!!

Today another outing for my SB-C plated Karve Christopher Bradley. What a fine razor it is. I see a lot of people using "higher" plates, but my SB-C and OC-B plate certainly do their job just fine. Very comfortable and smooth. For me there is no need for the higher plates. I tend to like milder razors and make sure my technique is perfect for the razor. Very happy with it so far, just let the weight of the razor guide you!

PS: the Feather is not the best blade for me, I concluded in the past. The same goes for the blade in this razor. While doing it just fine, I feel there are better blades for me.

full

Today another outing for my SB-C plated Karve Christopher Bradley. What a fine razor it is. I see a lot of people using "higher" plates, but my SB-C and OC-B plate certainly do their job just fine. Very comfortable and smooth. For me there is no need for the higher plates. I tend to like milder razors and make sure my technique is perfect for the razor. Very happy with it so far, just let the weight of the razor guide you!

PS: the Feather is not the best blade for me, I concluded in the past. The same goes for the blade in this razor. While doing it just fine, I feel there are better blades for me.

full
Yup. Just let the weight of the razor guide you to your 'perfect' plate. In the end, the razor isn't cheap if you end up buying a bunch of plates, but it does allow you to fine tune for 'creating' what could be the perfect razor for you with the many plate options available in both SB and OC.

From my Shave of the Week Society post:

01_23 sws.jpg

In my effort to finish the tub of Ethos Clean I am putting my big boars to work on it! There was just this ring, a thin donut of soap, left in the tub. And after consolidation it grew, I swear to you, into a sample sized puck! I had figured maybe a week left. But now, maybe in early February I will finish it? So newer big boars that will need heavy loading are being called up for action.

In anticipation of a new Karve razor, the Overlander, I am putting the Christopher Bradley razor to the front, loaded with a new Kai blade. It has been years, probably 5, since I last used one (the Kai blade, not the CB!). This is from a tuck I bought in 2016 while I was trying to get a nice shave from an Old Type. Moved that razor out during the Saint Sue auction that November. But never used the blades again. Given how much time has passed, and hopefully more improvement to my technique, I am looking forward to trying it again.

Karve Christopher Bradley, B solid bar plate
Kai DE blade (new)
Ethos Clean
Omega Jade boar
Communion (purple handle) Maggard Razors 28mm boar
Cascadia Line 27mm TGN boar
----------------------------------------

According to DHL tracking, the Overlander arrived in Boston Friday, and is expected up here in central Maine Thursday, 27 Jan!! I can drive to Boston and back in 6 hours!! I hope the Overlander enjoys its stay and gets to see the sites, have some Chowder, and a true piece of Boston Cream Pie!!!

Oh the suspense of anticipated delivery builds!! (#firstworldproblems)
WWonka suspense.jpg

Just ordered Christopher Bradley brass with c plate and 3" handle. Currently use a mercer 34G, EJ, And ikon X3 Slant for last 2 years. head and face shaver. Will arrive Monday will report back.
It's been awhile since I've used my Ikon X3, but you should be in the ballpark with a C plate.

Three days early!! Tracking this morning said it was still in Boston, but when I went out to get the mail (2 knots delivered and I am anxious to set one today), what did my wondering eyes behold? Why, a box with a DHL label and Karve Shaving as the return address!!!

Overlander box.jpg

Overlander in box.jpg

Overlander in hand.jpg

I am doing a Snoopy happy dance (No, I will NOT film it for your entertainment 🤪

@Chard52142 and @MaineYooper, if the handles on your respective Christopher Bradley's are polished, as they seem to be, do you feel that reduces grip as compared to the original matte finish? Thanks for your thoughts. Others can certainly chime in too!

-Nick
Hey, thanks for asking. I do polish my Karve with flix but it's like once a year. I do notice the grip is a tad reduced but it's still good overall...no issue so far...

@Chard52142 and @MaineYooper, if the handles on your respective Christopher Bradley's are polished, as they seem to be, do you feel that reduces grip as compared to the original matte finish? Thanks for your thoughts. Others can certainly chime in too!

-Nick
I can't say I notice any lack of grippiness. In fact, it is still my favorite handle due to that grippiness! I used to use Flitz, but a year ago I had a guy professionally polished.

Top Bottom