What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Decided to polish the top cap and handle, did not want to polish the underside of the top cop or base plates. Looks lovely all shiny!

114D3CF4-E042-4F36-949A-36562B2AFC69.jpeg

My wife has been using the new Pure cream the last few weeks, since she likes creams and carts.

I have tried it a few times, smells clean, but new. Not an overbearing cheap clean either, it's different.

Very slick and soothing. Felt very protected and it was maybe a step above my Proraso cream. I am usually a soap guy, but this stuff rocks.

20190120_152637.jpg

From everything I have read (not much beyond tester's reviews) the razor will remain the same, except that the plates will be open comb rather than safety bar. Blade exposure will remain the same, so a "C" plate will be identical in all aspects save appearance.

Chris wrote this thread on the gap between the plates.

Ultimate Karve Buyers' Guide

Cheers,
Do you know of any reference to blade exposure, etc? I've seen the blade gap chart before, and it just goes up by the same interval. Thus one would assume it is a gradual, smooth and consistent transition between plates. However, I feel some change more than others. I figure this is due to the other factors... Blade exposure, etc..

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I can't say for sure as I only have the B n C plates. But I doubt there is a difference in blade exposure.

Chris is very careful about the machining and was quite upset that the heads of some of the plates were off so the blade exposure n gaps do ramp up in gradual increments.

But don't quote me on it lol.

My original order was with the C plate and I purchased the D plate on a BST.
The D is my daily plate on the 3 inch handle and I absolutely love it!

I was thinking what I'd do with the C plate because it gives me 85% of the efficiency of the D plate, which is great!

So instead of collecting dust, I put the C plate on my Yaqi gunmetal scalloped head razor and the first surprise was the top cap was a perfect fit!

I used it today and it literally felt the same as if the C plate was on the entire karve razor!

It's very efficient and so smoooooth!!
I'll keep this in my travel kit so I can have a karve shave anywhere I go! I'm stoked!!

After reading a lot about this razor I've just ordered a 3" handle with the B plate. Most of my razors are on the aggressive side but I would only shave every 2 - 3 days. I need to shave every day to get through this pile of soaps I've accumulated! Actually, that's only half true. The rate my hair grows, shaving every 1.5 days would be perfect but that doesn't really fit in with my schedule. Recently I have been enjoying daily shaves with a British Flare Tip Rocket and am hoping that the B plate will be in that neighbourhood. I also have a weird beard pattern on my neck which can result in some irritation if I'm not careful so maybe this razor will help reduce that. I'm going to get a variety of blades to find a perfect match for it. Now I wait impatiently!

I’ve always used razors on the aggressive side and shaved every 2-3 days. I bought a D plate Karve and loved it, just for laughs I bought a B plate and love it more, just as close but soo much smoother.

I’ve always used razors on the aggressive side and shaved every 2-3 days. I bought a D plate Karve and loved it, just for laughs I bought a B plate and love it more, just as close but soo much smoother.

Do you have a preferred blade for the B plate? I have a pile of Rapira Swedish Supersteel which work great in my current razors but I'm thinking something sharper might pair well with it.

I thought I'd mention that the plate comparisons should not be taken as gospel.

I bought mine with the C plate and bought the D plate on a BST. For me, the C plate is not efficient enough where the D plate is perfect.

There are so many posts that state C and D are similar efficiency...well, that may be the case for that users stubble toughness but I find the difference to be an OK shave (C) and a fantastic shave (D).

After reading a lot about this razor I've just ordered a 3" handle with the B plate. Most of my razors are on the aggressive side but I would only shave every 2 - 3 days. I need to shave every day to get through this pile of soaps I've accumulated! Actually, that's only half true. The rate my hair grows, shaving every 1.5 days would be perfect but that doesn't really fit in with my schedule. Recently I have been enjoying daily shaves with a British Flare Tip Rocket and am hoping that the B plate will be in that neighbourhood. I also have a weird beard pattern on my neck which can result in some irritation if I'm not careful so maybe this razor will help reduce that. I'm going to get a variety of blades to find a perfect match for it. Now I wait impatiently!

I've been impatiently waiting for mine since early Dec. My buddy who I bought a karve for is raving about it and mine will only be here earliest 8 Feb :117:

Smooth and efficient is what I I'm looking for too lol.

I thought I'd mention that the plate comparisons should not be taken as gospel.

I bought mine with the C plate and bought the D plate on a BST. For me, the C plate is not efficient enough where the D plate is perfect.

There are so many posts that state C and D are similar efficiency...well, that may be the case for that users stubble toughness but I find the difference to be an OK shave (C) and a fantastic shave (D).

Everyone needs a different flavour that's why there are so many different plates lol!

@mawashi
That's true however, many members are getting the plate based purely on the large blade gap.

I use R4 on the Rockwell 6S, blade gap is about 0.5mm. So I thought the 0.85mm karve C plate would be more than enough but in actual fact, it's the D plate that is better for me.

This is double the Rockwell blade gap, which seems crazy but in practicality, the D plate is better the to the huge blade guards and such low blade exposure.

Top Bottom